Shared File area

  • Raymond A. Shirley, Sr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 1999
      Hi,

      I'm one of the new members. I tried to get into the Shared File area
      and got the message that my browser wouldn't accept their cookie. I've
      never had that problem before. I check my Preferences setup and it is
      configured to accept cookies. Any suggestions?
    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 1999
        > From: "Raymond A. Shirley, Sr." <rshirley@...>
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm one of the new members. I tried to get into the Shared File area
        > and got the message that my browser wouldn't accept their cookie. I've
        > never had that problem before. I check my Preferences setup and it is
        > configured to accept cookies. Any suggestions?

        Sorry you had trouble Raymond, maybe this will help. It works good for me.

        Cookie Error Home | Sign-off
        ONElist requires Cookies to access this part of the ONElist web site.
        ONElist uses cookies to remember who you are logged in as. If the cookies
        cannot be set correctly, then ONElist cannot tell who you are.

        We switched to a cookie based system for two reasons. First, and most
        importantly, there was a security problem with the old system. Malicious
        people could grab people's email address and password with the old system.
        Also, the new system is more convenient for our users. Once you have logged
        into the ONElist web site, you do not have to log in again.

        How we use Cookies
        ONElist uses two cookies; one to remember your email address, and one to
        remember your password. A cookie is just some information that we send to
        your browser. Your browser remembers this information, and everytime you
        return to our web site, this information is sent back to us. A cookie cannot
        be used to extract information from your system. You can have ONElist remove
        the cookies when you are done, by clicking on the Log Out link on the menu
        bar on the left.
        What Went Wrong?
        There can be several reasons why your computer didn't accept the cookies
        that we sent.
        Your browser doesn't support cookies. Most browser support cookies these
        days.

        You have your browser configured to not accept cookies. You need to enable
        cookies in order to use the ONElist web site. To configure Netscape, look
        under the Edit menu, in Preferences, Advanced. In Internet Explorer, look
        under the View menu, in Options, Advanced, Security.

        You have the cookie warning turned on in your browser and you declined to
        allow the cookies to be set. If this is the case, go back to the Log In
        screen, log in, and then accept the cookies.

        The date on your computer is wrong. If the date on your computer is set to a
        day before January 1, 1970, or if the date is set to a day after December 1,
        1999, the cookies will not be set.

        You are using an application that blocks cookies. You will need to disable
        this in order to use the ONElist web site.

        .