Re: Surnames

  • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 29, 1999
      Hello Raymond, Thanks for your reply regarding Anderson and Bowman.

      Direct Anderson line down to my husband:
      Horatio Anderson, b. 1807 m. Buncombe Co., SC (1) Elizabeth ? (2) Catherine
      Williams
      William G. Anderson, b. 1829 m. Eliza Hardin
      John Hollis Anderson, b. 1878 Jackson Co., ALm. Nancy M. Bowman (Boman)
      (The marriage
      license in
      Overton Co., TN says Boman
      Forrest Anderson, b. 1910 Jackson or Madison Co., AL m. Emma Morris
      Jimmie Anderson, b. 1939 Jackson Co. AL m. Mary Winn Carter (me)

      As far as the Bowmans go I have been up against a brick wall. The only thing
      I have is
      Nancy M. Bowman m. John Hollis Anderson in Overton Co., TN The marriage
      license said Boman.
      Her parents: Josiah Bowman m. Nancy Davis (I don't know whether or not they
      were from N. Alabama or from Overton Co. TN)

      Perhaps your Robert Anderson and Horatio were relatives. Horatio came from
      SC to Alabama at about the same time. I've not been able to find anything
      out about Horatio. He is known as one of the earliest settlers in the Paint
      Rock Valley area.

      Would love to have more info on your Andersons and Bowmans.
      Regards,
      Mary Winn Anderson

      Following is my detailed Anderson file. As you can see, much of the
      information I have is from J. Casey who is a member of this list.

      Descendants of Horatio Alexander Anderson, Sr.

      Generation No. 1

      1. HORATIO ALEXANDER1 ANDERSON, SR. was born 1804 in Buncombe, NC1,2, and
      died June 21, 1870 in Jackson Co., AL3. He married (1) ELIZABETH ? Abt. 1822
      in NC3. He married (2) CATHERINE WILLIAMS February 10, 1854 in Jackson Co.,
      AL4.

      More About HORATIO ALEXANDER ANDERSON, SR.:
      Burial: Anderson Cemetery, Jackson Co.,AL5

      Child of HORATIO ANDERSON and ELIZABETH ? is:
      2. i. JOSHUA2 ANDERSON, b. Abt. 1822.

      Children of HORATIO ANDERSON and CATHERINE WILLIAMS are:
      3. ii. WILLIAM G.2 ANDERSON, b. May 20, 1829, NC; d. November 07,
      1887, Jackson Co., AL.
      iii. THOMAS ANDERSON.
      iv. JULIA A. ANDERSON.
      v. FRANCES K. ANDERSON.
      vi. JOHN B. ANDERSON.
      vii. ELLEN ANDERSON.
      viii. HORATIO ALEXANDER ANDERSON, JR., b. 1865, Jackson Co., AL6;
      d. August 15, 1896, Jackson Co., AL6; m. (1) SERENA HINSHAW; m. (2) AMANDA M.
      CLARK6, April 23, 18916.

      Notes for HORATIO ALEXANDER ANDERSON, JR.:
      LDS Ancestral Files state that Horatio Alexander Anderson is buried in
      Anderson Cemetery, Jackson, AL. However, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers
      (Copyright 1986) state that Horatio Anderson, Sr.'s descendants are thought
      to be buried here and there are about 30 unmarked graves. Horatio, Jr's name
      is not listed with those buried there.

      Generation No. 2

      2. JOSHUA2 ANDERSON (HORATIO ALEXANDER1) was born Abt. 1822. He married
      EMILY ?.

      Child of JOSHUA ANDERSON and EMILY ? is:
      4. i. LYDIA JANE3 ANDERSON, b. October 23, 1847; d. August 06,
      1935, AL.

      3. WILLIAM G.2 ANDERSON (HORATIO ALEXANDER1)7 was born May 20, 1829 in NC,
      and died November 07, 1887 in Jackson Co., AL. He married (1) MARGARET ?7
      Abt. 1858. He married (2) ELIZA HARDIN March 05, 1869 in Jackson Co., AL8,
      daughter of JAMES HARDIN and DICY JENKINS.

      More About WILLIAM G. ANDERSON:
      Burial: Kings Cove Cem near New Mkt,AL9

      More About MARGARET ?:
      Burial: Kings Cove Cem near New Mkt,AL

      Children of WILLIAM ANDERSON and MARGARET ? are:
      i. STEVEN ZEBALAH3 ANDERSON, b. Abt. 1859, Jackson Co., AL9.
      5. ii. CALDONIA ANDERSON, b. March 1864, Jackson Co., AL.
      iii. WILLIAM ANDERSON, b. Abt. 1866, Jackson Co., AL9.
      iv. ELIZABETH ANDERSON, b. Abt. 1867, Jackson Co., AL9.

      Children of WILLIAM ANDERSON and ELIZA HARDIN are:
      6. v. JOHN HOLLIS3 ANDERSON, b. March 06, 1878; d. November 10,
      1965, TN.
      7. vi. THOMAS H. ANDERSON, b. March 06, 1878, Jackson Co., AL; d.
      June 16, 1906, Princeton, Jackson Co., AL.
      vii. ELIZA J. ANDERSON9, b. December 31, 1869; d. June 1890,
      Jackson Co., AL; m. WILLIAM M. HAMBRICK9.
      viii. LUCY E. ANDERSON9, b. January 31, 1871, Jackson Co., AL10; d.
      July 31, 1902, Jackson Co., AL11; m. J. FRANK HALL12, 1896, Jackson Co., AL12.

      More About LUCY E. ANDERSON:
      Burial: Beech Grove Cem,Jackson Co, AL13

      8. ix. ANDREW JACKSON ANDERSON, b. December 26, 1873, Jackson Co.,
      AL; d. May 02, 1951, Madison Co., AL.
      x. DICY S. ANDERSON.

      Generation No. 3

      4. LYDIA JANE3 ANDERSON (JOSHUA2, HORATIO ALEXANDER1)14 was born October 23,
      1847, and died August 06, 1935 in AL. She married THOMAS JEFFERSON JACKS15
      March 07, 1864 in Jackson Co., AL16.

      Child of LYDIA ANDERSON and THOMAS JACKS is:
      i. LUCIE PEARLIE4 JACKS17, b. November 11, 1890.

      5. CALDONIA3 ANDERSON (WILLIAM G.2, HORATIO ALEXANDER1)18 was born March
      1864 in Jackson Co., AL. She married JAMES GRAHAM18 April 25, 1881 in
      Winchester, Franklin Co., TN.

      More About CALDONIA ANDERSON:
      Census: 1900, Gives age as 36 yrs.

      More About JAMES GRAHAM:
      Census: 1900, Franklin Co. TN/age 35 yr.

      Children of CALDONIA ANDERSON and JAMES GRAHAM are:
      i. EDWARD4 GRAHAM18, b. Abt. 1882, Jackson Co., AL; m.
      MARGAURITE "DEMIE" HARDING18, Abt. 1897, AL.
      ii. HOLLIS B. GRAHAM18, b. April 1883, Jackson Co., AL; m. ELLA
      HENSHAW, February 06, 1904, Winchester, Franklin Co., TN.
      iii. JENNIE GRAHAM18, b. September 1886, Jackson Co., AL.
      iv. LILLY GRAHAM18, b. May 1888, Jackson Co., AL.
      v. WILLIAM GRAHAM18, b. October 1891, Jackson Co., AL.
      vi. MAYZINE GRAHAM18, b. September 1896, Jackson Co., AL; m. ?
      JOHNSON.
      vii. EMMA GRAHAM18, b. July 1898, Jackson Co., AL.

      6. JOHN HOLLIS3 ANDERSON (WILLIAM G.2, HORATIO ALEXANDER1) was born March
      06, 1878, and died November 10, 1965 in TN. He married NANCY MORTON BOWMAN
      February 03, 1901 in Overton Co., TN, daughter of JOSIAH BOWMAN and NANCY
      DAVIS.

      More About NANCY MORTON BOWMAN:
      Fact 1: SS card issued in Indiana

      Children of JOHN ANDERSON and NANCY BOWMAN are:
      i. MORRIS4 ANDERSON, b. January 07, 1902; d. September 1984,
      Tracy City, TN; m. GEORGIANNE?.
      ii. HORACE ANDERSON, b. July 11, 1918; d. January 1984,
      Belvedere, TN; m. OREE WHITE.
      iii. FORREST ANDERSON, b. September 22, 1910, Jackson or Madison
      Co., AL; d. August 14, 1984, Franklin County, TN; m. EMMA REE MORRIS, October
      07, 1935.

      7. THOMAS H.3 ANDERSON (WILLIAM G.2, HORATIO ALEXANDER1)18 was born March
      06, 1878 in Jackson Co., AL, and died June 16, 1906 in Princeton, Jackson
      Co., AL. He married NANCY EMALINE FANNING18 Abt. 1897 in AL, daughter of
      THOMAS FANNING and MARGARET HILL.

      More About THOMAS H. ANDERSON:
      Burial: Clay Cem, Princeton, Jackson Co AL19

      More About NANCY EMALINE FANNING:
      Burial: Clay Cem, Princeton, Jackson Co AL20

      Children of THOMAS ANDERSON and NANCY FANNING are:
      i. MARGARET ELIZA4 ANDERSON20, b. April 08, 1901, Princeton,
      Jackson Co., AL; d. April 26, 1982, Franklin Co. TN; m. CALVIN MONROE
      HAMBRICK20, February 12, 1916, Princeton, Jackson Co., AL.

      More About MARGARET ELIZA ANDERSON:
      Burial: Clay Cem, Princeton, Jackson Co AL21

      More About CALVIN MONROE HAMBRICK:
      Burial: Clay Cem, Princeton, Jackson Co AL21

      ii. SUSIE BEATRICE ANDERSON, b. December 26, 1903, Princeton,
      Jackson Co., AL; d. May 01, 1972, Franklin Co. TN; m. (1) LUM SNIDER, Abt.
      1921, Probably Madison Co., AL; m. (2) ROBERT LAFEVERS22, February 17, 1934,
      Winchester, Franklin Co., TN; m. (3) JOE THOMPSON, June 21, 1947, Winchester,
      Franklin Co., TN.

      More About SUSIE BEATRICE ANDERSON:
      Burial: Maxwell Cem. Franklin CO, TN

      More About JOE THOMPSON:
      Burial: Maxwell Cem. Franklin CO, TN

      iii. WILLIAM DENTON ANDERSON22, b. August 1899, Princeton, Jackson
      Co., AL; d. Abt. 1902, Jackson Co., AL.

      8. ANDREW JACKSON3 ANDERSON (WILLIAM G.2, HORATIO ALEXANDER1)22 was born
      December 26, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL, and died May 02, 1951 in Madison Co.,
      AL. He married (1) LUELLER FREEMAN, daughter of WILLIAM FREEMAN and DICY
      COUNTS. He married (2) MARY RUTH MAY December 31, 1900 in Madison Co. AL
      ??, daughter of JAMES/JOHN MAY and MARY WHITE.

      More About MARY RUTH MAY:
      Burial: Rice Cem,New Mkt, Madison Co AL

      Children of ANDREW ANDERSON and MARY MAY are:
      i. GEORGE ALLEN4 ANDERSON, b. October 12, 1902, Princeton,
      Jackson Co., AL22; d. May 31, 1992, GA; m. FANNIE A. JUSTICE.

      More About GEORGE ALLEN ANDERSON:
      Burial: Cross Roads, AL

      More About FANNIE A. JUSTICE:
      Burial: Cross Roads, AL

      ii. WILLIE ANDERSON, b. April 17, 1905, Princeton, Jackson Co.,
      AL22; d. August 13, 1906, Princeton, Jackson Co., AL.

      More About WILLIE ANDERSON:
      Burial: Jackson Co., AL

      iii. ZONEY E. ANDERSON, b. June 13, 1907, Jackson Co., AL; m. (1)
      WILLIAM JOSEPH BREWER; m. (2) W. F. JONES, November 26, 1923.
      iv. OTIS PORTER ANDERSON, b. August 16, 1910, Jackson Co., AL22;
      d. February 13, 1993, Winchester, Franklin Co., TN; m. EULA DOTSON.

      More About OTIS PORTER ANDERSON:
      Burial: Morgan Cem., Elora, TN

      More About EULA DOTSON:
      Burial: Morgan Cem., Elora, TN

      v. OZELL EVE ANDERSON, b. June 01, 1917, Jackson Co., AL22; d.
      March 01, 1991, Madison Co., AL; m. GEORGE THOMAS WHITE22.

      More About OZELL EVE ANDERSON:
      Burial: Rice Cem,New Mkt, Madison Co AL

      More About GEORGE THOMAS WHITE:
      Burial: Rice Cem,New Mkt, Madison Co AL

      vi. BESSIE LOU ANDERSON, b. December 18, 1918, Jackson Co., AL22;
      d. May 09, 1993, Pulaski, TN; m. BILL NEWSOM.

      More About BESSIE LOU ANDERSON:
      Burial: Clarks Grove Cem, Maryville, TN

      More About BILL NEWSOM:
      Burial: Clarks Grove Cem, Maryville, TN

      vii. GRADY LEE ANDERSON, b. July 26, 1921, Jackson Co., AL; d.
      1986, Madison Co., AL; m. LENOS BREWER.
      viii. WALTER G. ANDERSON22, b. April 26, 1912, Jackson Co., AL; d.
      November 18, 1989, New Market, Madison Co., AL.

      More About WALTER G. ANDERSON:
      Burial: Rice Cem,New Mkt, Madison Co AL

      Endnotes

      1. LDS Ancestral Files.
      2. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie Katherine
      Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, p 225.
      3. LDS Ancestral Files.
      4. Jackson Co. Marriages 1851-1856 and Book A 1859-1871, "Electronic," p.
      214.
      5. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie Katherine
      Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
      6. LDS Ancestral Files.
      7. Jcasey@...
      8. Jackson Co. Marriages 1851-1856 and Book A 1859-1871, "Electronic," P.
      759, Lic No. 1281.
      9. Jcasey@...
      10. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
      11. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, 193.
      12. Jcasey@...
      13. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, 193.
      14. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, 185, Unmarked grave in
      Jack's cemetery *Lydia Jane (Anderson) Jacks was the daughter of Jushua and
      Emily Anderson.
      15. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, 185.
      16. Jackson Co. Marriages 1851-1856 and Book A 1859-1871, "Electronic," P.
      289, lic 346.
      17. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, 185.
      18. Jcasey@...
      19. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, 135.
      20. Jcasey@...
      21. by Kittye Vandiver Henshasw and Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
      Katherine Stovall Shaver, Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
      22. Jcasey@...
    • jewel casey
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 29, 1999
        Mary:
        William G. Anderson was the son of Horatio and first wife Elizabeth___
        Catherine was his second wife. Love

      • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 30, 1999
          Sorry Jewel, I knew that about Wm G. Thanks for noticing.
          Cuz Mary Winn
        • jewel casey
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 30, 1999
            This is some of the line that I have on your FANNING. Let me know if you
            need more and how far back have you gone?

            William & Jane (Terry) Fanning had a son Stephen who married Nancy Jane
            Holt. Stephen & Nancy Jane (Holt) had a son named William Henry Fanning.
            William Henry married Martha Elizabeth Brown. William Henry and Martha
            Elizabeth (Brown) Fanning had a son Parks A. Fanning.
            Parks A. married Sarah Catherine Jacks, (Daughter of who????) Parks A. &
            Sarah Catherine (Jacks) Fanning had 9 kids that I know of and They are:

            1. Eva Janette, Fanning married Robert Alley Fanning

            2. Lila Della Fanning
            Married James Walker Snyder, 24 August 1912 Lincoln County, TN to James
            Walter Snyder, son of William & Martha ( ) Snyder. I think that James
            Walter Snyder and Lila Della Fanning were divorced. I have a marriage for
            Lila Snyder (42) to N.B. Kennedy (68) on 11 March 1938 Lincoln County, TN.

            3. Lillie E. Fanning (twin) of Lila D.
            married Jasper W. Kennedy( I think he was a son of the N.B. Kennedy above
            who married Lila Snyder)

            4. Lawrence Wesley -born 18 Dec 1896-died 7 Sept. 1910.
            5. Raybon S.
            married Ernest W. Honea

            6.Flora Fanning
            married Herbert Terrell Hughes

            7. Lesley Parks Fanning
            married Irene Elliott

            8. Vinie Fanning
            married Charles Clark

            9. Janie Fanning

            I have some birth, death and marriage dates on most of the kids. I think
            that James Walter Snyder was nick named "Lum" and married Susie Beatrice
            Anderson. They had one child and were divorced. Do you know anything about
            that. James Warney Fanning, a cousin of Parks A. Fanning, married Altie
            Snyder, a sister of James Walter Snyder. Then James Walter "Lum" married
            James Warney & Altie (Snyder) Fanning's niece, Susie Beatrice Anderson.
            Susie was a daughter of James Warney's sister, Nancy Emaline Fanning who
            married Thomas H. Anderson.

            Well, I think that I have confused you enough for one time. I'd like to know
            when Parks A. died and who Sarah Catherine was a daughter of and a lot more.
            Haha
            Jewel D. (HAMBRICK) Casey.

            P.S. William & Jane (Terry) Fanning were my gg grand parents.

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 1, 1999
              Jewel;
              I am printing this off so I can enter it in my granddaughter's file I
              believe it is going to take me back a couple of generations. I think
              Lila Della was married several times. I haven't heard anything though of
              her being divorced. I think she was a Swaim when she died a few years back.
              I have tried to find parents of Sarah Catherine Jacks but have been unable
              to do so. These families have been hard to trace for me.
              I have a little information of some descendants of Lila Della if you want it?
              At the moment my granddaughter is not interested in genealogy but I am
              trying to get information that I think she might be interested in later.
              Thanks a lot
              Wyona
            • FVRV74A@xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 1, 1999
                Jewel;
                In putting information in I saw you had James Walter Snyder as son of
                William & Martha- I have Martha Langford. I have birth date for Lila Della
                as June 1895- Do you think this is about right?
                Wyona

                From: "jewel casey" <jcasey@...>
                To: <jacksongenealogy@onelist.com>
                Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:06:08 -0500
              • jewel casey
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 1, 1999
                  Wyona:
                  I'll try to put some info in for you. If you need me to send by mail,
                  send your mailing address and I'll send it to you.

                  Parks A. Fanning, son of William Henry & Martha Elizabeth (Brown)
                  Fanning-Born 28 June 1873 Madison County, AL- married about 1892 (need
                  date)- to Sarah Catherine Jacks. Born 28 April 1873 AL, Died 18 Sept. 1959
                  AL-Buried in Taylor Cemetery Madison County, AL.

                  CHILDREN:

                  (1) Eva Janette Fanning- (twin) Born 24 Dec 1893 AL-Died 15 Sept 1991
                  AL-Married Robert Alley Fanning,son of Lee Andrew and Hester (Hodges)
                  Fanning (they were cousins) Born 5 July 1891 AL-Died 2 Sept 1973 AL-Both
                  buried in Taylor Cemetery, Madison County, AL

                  (2) Lila Della Fanning-Born 1 June 1895 AL-Died ??-
                  Married (1) James Walter Snyder, son of William & Martha ( )Snyder- Born
                  Feb. 1889 AL (do not have anything else on James Walter)

                  (married (2) ?? N.B. Kennedy 11 Mar 1938 Lincoln County, TN

                  (3) Lillie E. (twin) Died Sept 1979 AL- Married Joseph J.W. Kennedy (need
                  date and parents name) Born 18 Oct 1893 AL-Died 7 April 1975 AL. Both are
                  buried in Taylor Cemetery, Madison County, AL.

                  (4) Lawrence Wesley Fanning-Born 18 Dec 1896 AL-Died 7 Sept. 1910-Buried
                  in Miller Cemetery, Madison County, AL

                  (5) Raybon S. Fanning-Born 22 June 1899 AL-Died 7 Aug. 1966 AL Married
                  Ernest Honea (need dates)

                  (6) Flora Fanning-Born 1904 AL-Died (need date) married 21 Sept. 1924
                  Lincoln County, TN- Herbert Terrell Hughes- Son of ??-Born 1900-Died 1951
                  Buried in Taylor Cemetery, Madison County, AL

                  (7) Lesley Parks Fanning-Born 1909 AL- Died (need dates) married Irene
                  Elliott

                  (8) Vinie Fanning-Born-Died Married Charlie Clark (need all other info
                  on her)

                  (9) Janie Fanning (do not have anything else on her.

                  I have the 1900 Jackson County, Al and 1910 Madison County, AL census on
                  Parks A. & Catherine. Need the 1920.
                  Hope this helps cuz.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 1, 1999
                    Jewel;
                    Thanks so much for the information. I found some today that I had copied
                    not knowing if there was a connection. It is a copy of a page of Fanning Cemetery-
                    Only deaths I really see on it are :
                    Milton L . Fanning -Dec 1837-May 1907.
                    Has census 1850 of Stephen Fanning. Do you need this?
                    also 1850 census of M. Fanning & wife Sarah.
                    " " " Joseph Fanning,
                    & James Fanning. also same page has some Fanning marriages. I do not
                    remember what book this is from. Just let me know if you need it.
                    I think we have obits somewhere of Lila Della, and some of her sisters and
                    brothers. I will check to see. My husband started abt 1992/3 saving all
                    obits in Huntsville times paper. He does this to help me with my genealogy
                    so I can go back and look up a death. We have some earlier family obits.
                    How is your brother doing?
                    Again Thanks,
                    Wyona Moon
                  • FVRV74A@xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
                      Jewel;
                      Obit for Mrs. Lila Snyder Swaim
                      Mrs. Lila Snyder Swaim, 90 of 105 Teakwood Drive, died Sunday at a local
                      hospital. A graveside service will be Tuesday at 11 Am at Rice Cemetery
                      with the Rev George Wheeler officiating and Laughlin-Service Funeral home
                      in charge.
                      Survivors include three daughters, Juanita Miller and Idellla Clark both of
                      Huntsville, and lula MAe Ray of Tennessee, a brother Lesley Fanning of
                      Gurley, Three sisters , Janie V. Boyd of Ark.. And Eva Fanning and Vannie
                      Clark both of Ga. 13 grandchildren, 21 great - grandchildren, and six great
                      great grandchildren.

                      I do not have a date on this obit ) On it says 1988 or 89. At this period
                      of Time my grandson had cancer found when he was about 13/15 months old in
                      1988 he died in Oct 1989. So I did not keep up with gen. during that time.
                      This grandson was the son of Charles Patton clark & Shelby J. Moon Clark
                      (Charles P. Son of Idella Snyder Clark).His name was Charles Travis Clark
                      Just a little over 2 years of age when he died.He is buried near New Hope
                      alabama at Byrd Cem.

                      Sept 15 1991
                      Eva J. Fanning
                      Hapeville Ga.
                      Mrs. Eva Jeanette Fanning 98 of Hapeville formly of Madison County Ala.
                      died Sunday in Atlanta. The funeral was today at 10.00 AM at the Gallant
                      Funeral Home in Hazel Green Ala.
                      Burial was in the Taylor Cemetery.
                      Survivors include a daughter, Thelma Neal of Hapeville, a brother Leslie
                      Fanning of Gurley Ala;
                      Two sisters Janie Boyd of Ark. and Vannie Clark of Georgia. five
                      grandchildren, eight great grandchildren, And four great great grand children.
                      *****
                      When Eva died we know that 2 sisters were living and Leslie. But I am
                      pretty sure that Leslie died and it seems as if Vannie Clark has also. I
                      will check to see if I can find out if they did and when.
                      Wyona
                    • MaryWinn@xxx.xxx
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
                        Hello Jewel and Wyona,

                        I found marriage record on Parks A. Fanning and Catherine Jacks--11/6/1892,
                        Jackson Co. (This is from LDS vital records marriage index)

                        Regards
                        Mary Winn
                      • jewel casey
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
                          The info you are talking about came from the Madison County Cemetery Book No
                          II. Look through your obits and let me know about any Fanning obits I might
                          need.
                          My brother is ok for now. They are going to do some more test before they do
                          the surgery. Thanks for asking.
                          Jewel
                          >Thanks so much for the information. I found some today that I had copied
                          >not knowing if there was a connection. It is a copy of a page of Fanning
                          Cemetery-
                          >Only deaths I really see on it are :
                          >Milton L . Fanning -Dec 1837-May 1907.
                          >Has census 1850 of Stephen Fanning. Do you need this?
                          >also 1850 census of M. Fanning & wife Sarah.
                          >" " " Joseph Fanning,
                          >& James Fanning. also same page has some Fanning marriages. I do not
                          >remember what book this is from. Just let me know if you need it.
                          >I think we have obits somewhere of Lila Della, and some of her sisters and
                          >brothers. I will check to see. My husband started abt 1992/3 saving all
                          >obits in Huntsville times paper. He does this to help me with my genealogy
                          >so I can go back and look up a death. We have some earlier family obits.
                          >How is your brother doing?
                          >Again Thanks,
                          >Wyona Moon

                          >How has ONElist changed your life?
                          >Share your story with us at http://www.onelist.com

                        • jewel casey
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
                            Thanks a million
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
                              Jewel,
                              Checked SS data and found Lila Swaim born 1 June 1895 died Jan 1986
                              Residence 35801 Huntsville, Madison Al

                              Found L. Fanning died Feb 13 1995
                              Found his obituary :

                              Obit from Huntsville Times Paper Feb 14 1995 Leslie P. Fanning Gurley
                              -Leslie Parks fanning 85 of Gurley, died Monday at a Huntsville Hospital.
                              The funeral will b Wednesday at 2PM at the Gurley First Baptist Church with
                              the Rev. Roger Stone officiating. Burial will be in Valhalla Memory
                              Gardens with Valhalla Funeral Home in Charge Mr. Fanning a member of
                              Gurley First Baptist Churcn was retired from Ashburn & Gray Construction
                              Co. in Huntsville. Survivors include his wife, Irene Fanning, Two
                              daughters, Nellie Anderson of Gurley, and Elsie Rutland of Scottsboro; two
                              sons Jackie Fanning and jerry Fanning of Gurley. A Sister, Vannie Clark of
                              Austell Ga. 10 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren. Visitation will be
                              today from 3:30 to 8 Pm at the Funeral Home and at the church one hour
                              prior to the service.
                              Leslie P. Fanning died Feb 13 1995
                              Wyona
                            • FVRV74A@xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 2, 1999
                                Thanks a lot Mary, every thing helps.

                                From: MaryWinn@...
                                Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:51:09 EDT
                                To: jacksongenealogy@onelist.com
                              • Jpete75910@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 6, 2000
                                  I just joined this list and would like to post the Surnames I am
                                  researching in Jackson County. My Ancestors in Jackson County were
                                  Teftellers, Clemens, Headricks, Mills, Howells, Ayers.
                                  I have been to the Courthouse there twice, but still need a lot of
                                  info there.
                                  J. Peterson
                                • Phebelyn@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Nov 7, 2000
                                    I'm new to the list also. My surnames there are
                                    HUGHES, SIMMONS, MURPHREE, ZIELGER, SLOAN, MCKENZIE

                                    My grandmother's first cousin was a HUGHES and she married a CLEMENS. She is
                                    still living. He just died about a month ago.
                                    Phoebe
                                  • StvChance@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Nov 7, 2000
                                      Phoebe,

                                      My mother was a Hughes from Jackson County. Her father was Jesse Hughes and
                                      live in Bridgeport. His father was Robert Luther Hughes, lived in Anderson,
                                      Tennessee, a little ways across the TN/AL State line. According to census
                                      records, Robert was born somewhere in Kentucky. Do you see a possibly
                                      connection?

                                      Steve Chance
                                      Anaheim Hills, CA
                                      StvChance@...
                                    • Jpete75910@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Nov 8, 2000
                                        Phoebe:
                                        What was the name of the Clemens that your Grandmother married?
                                      • Phebelyn@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Nov 8, 2000
                                          In a message dated 11/08/2000 10:27:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                          Jpete75910@... writes:

                                          << Phoebe:
                                          What was the name of the Clemens that your Grandmother married?

                                          It wasn't my Grandmother. It was my Grandmother's first cousin who married
                                          Ray Clemens. My Mother said he was from Louisiana. But they lived in
                                          Jackson Co., AL. His widow still lives there. She lives in Dutton, Alabama.
                                          Phoebe
                                        • bbrock1945@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Feb 11, 2006
                                            Hello,
                                            Still searching for a MATHERSEY (Therza/Thersey) born 1820 AL. She married
                                            Peter BLACKWELL.

                                            I believe she may have been the sister of a JOHN WILLIAMS and their mother
                                            a CHRISTINA WILLIAMS b. 1793 in KY, who was on the 1850 Federal Census record
                                            for Jackson County, District 21, Alabama.

                                            "Chistena, age 57 with Bethany 21, Hesira 16, Sally 14, Thomas 12 and Nancy
                                            20, (living in household # 444.)

                                            If anyone has any information on these people I would greatly appreciate
                                            hearing from you.

                                            Thank you,
                                            Brenda