RE: [jacksongenealogy] Hodges Famiy

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
      I don't know persoally, but I assume Dr. Durwood Hodges would . . .I'll have
      to ask and find out and post back here.
      I know Dr. Rayford was in the medical corp in service before coming here to
      start his medical practice with Dr. Nye. I think Dr. Nye was involved in the
      Scottsboro Boys court case, seems he was one of the examining doctors, but
      I'm not 100% sure on that.

      Dr. Julian Hodges was in this area in the 1930's so I suppose Dr.Rayford was
      here at that time also. As I said in a prior post, Dr. Rayford delivered me
      in 1945 by making a house call at our home at Fairfield, which is just north
      of Hollywood. He had to be carried, from the dirt road where he drove his
      car as far as he could to our mountian side home, by my Uncle in his mule
      drawn wagon. There were many unpaved roads in this area even up into the
      late 50's.

      Richard

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
        Richard thanks so much for your email, I will keep on Looking. have a good
        day. Peggy

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
          I just added 82 links to http://home.hiwaay.net/~prm/jcalgenweb.html Jackson
          County web page. These are just a bunch of different sites that contain
          information about Jackson County genealogy. You may want to browse through
          them at your leisure to see if there is anything of use to you there.

          Richard
        • grantinput@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
            Richard--thank you for all your hard work. Will these be found on the first
            page or will we need to go to another page to locate them>

            Pam
            Moon family researcher
          • Richard Matthews
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
              They are on the first page, but are random links so some browsing will be
              required.

              By the way, I have Moons in my Mother's family, along with Bullards and
              Mannings, from around Powder Spring, Ga.

              Richard
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
                For you Richard; Thanks for the links; I am researching The Bullard Family,
                some buried in Cobb Co. Ga. John Bullard 1804 is my G G Grandfather. Louisa
                married Alexander Brown that I am having a hard time with.

                K. M. Lingenfelter, Pt. St. Lucie, FL.

              • Wyona Moon
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
                  What Moons are you researching?