Re: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 2788 - WILLIAM Family

  • David Malbuff
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2011
      Martha Wallace wrote:

      "My Williams family lived over the hills from Paint Rock near Lim Rock. Although I've explored the guys over in Paint Rock, I haven't found a connection. Let me know if you find one.

      "Samuel WILLIAMS Jr.
        b. 19 Jul 1788, Greene County, Tennessee
        d. 7 Feb 1859, Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama
      & Margaret GUINN
        b. May 1792, Greene County, Tennessee
        d. 3 Jul 1849, Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama
      |            William Guinn WILLIAMS*
      |              b. 1 Apr 1811, Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama
      |              d. 4 Feb 1863, Luttrel, Dekalb County, Alabama
      |            & Margaret Elizabeth* STEVENS
      |              b. 30 May 1825, Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama
      |              d. 26 Nov 1856, Luttrel, Dekalb County, Alabama "

      Martha, aside from noting the wonderful fact that you actually have an ancestoir named "Minnie Pearl,"  I'd like to ask if you have any marriage information for "Margaret Elizabeth Stevens" listed above.  My Stephens (Stevens) ancestors settled in Lim Rock and I am wondering which one married into your Williams line.Please post if you have this info. Thank you.

      Glory to God,

      David Malbuff
      Strasburg, Virginia

    • Martha Wallace
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2011
        Hi David,

        We have corresponded before and I see that your grandmother, also Margaret Elizabeth Stevens, descends from the uncle of my Margaret Elizabeth Stevens. Our common ancestors would be Josiah S. Stevens and Nancy Vann. Does that seem right to you?

        Here's what I have about the marriage of William Guinn Williams and Margaret Elizabeth Stevens, based on a genealogy chart that my brother made when he was in high school. He got the information from a cousin of my mother's who was working to prove a Williams link for DAR membership. She had visited courthouses all around Alabama and Mississippi researching this line and others. This was way before the internet or even computers, so I am in awe of all the ground work that she did. However, I don't have a source that is more specific.

        William Guinn WILLIAMS
        b. 1 Apr 1811, Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama
        d. 4 Feb 1863, Luttrel, Dekalb County, Alabama
        m. 13 May 1838, Jackson County, Alabama
        Margaret Elizabeth* STEVENS
        b. 30 May 1825, Limrock, Jackson County, Alabama
        d. 26 Nov 1856, Luttrel, Dekalb County, Alabama

        Martha
        Genealogy - So many ancestors...so little time!