Re: [jacksongenealogy] Hodges Famiy

  • Peggy Sue Gaddis
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 28, 2002
      Do you happen to know where the HODGES Family might have come from? I
      have a lot of Hodges that came to Jefferson Co, Alabama from SC and
      trying to find connections. Thanks Peggy
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
        I don't know persoally, but I assume Dr. Durwood Hodges would . . .I'll have
        to ask and find out and post back here.
        I know Dr. Rayford was in the medical corp in service before coming here to
        start his medical practice with Dr. Nye. I think Dr. Nye was involved in the
        Scottsboro Boys court case, seems he was one of the examining doctors, but
        I'm not 100% sure on that.

        Dr. Julian Hodges was in this area in the 1930's so I suppose Dr.Rayford was
        here at that time also. As I said in a prior post, Dr. Rayford delivered me
        in 1945 by making a house call at our home at Fairfield, which is just north
        of Hollywood. He had to be carried, from the dirt road where he drove his
        car as far as he could to our mountian side home, by my Uncle in his mule
        drawn wagon. There were many unpaved roads in this area even up into the
        late 50's.

        Richard

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
          Richard thanks so much for your email, I will keep on Looking. have a good
          day. Peggy
          > I don't know persoally, but I assume Dr. Durwood Hodges would . . .I'll
          have
          > to ask and find out and post back here.
          > I know Dr. Rayford was in the medical corp in service before coming here
          > start his medical practice with Dr. Nye. I think Dr. Nye was involved in
          the
          > Scottsboro Boys court case, seems he was one of the examining doctors, but
          > I'm not 100% sure on that.
          >
          > Dr. Julian Hodges was in this area in the 1930's so I suppose Dr.Rayford
          was
          > here at that time also. As I said in a prior post, Dr. Rayford delivered
          me
          > in 1945 by making a house call at our home at Fairfield, which is just
          north
          > of Hollywood. He had to be carried, from the dirt road where he drove his
          > car as far as he could to our mountian side home, by my Uncle in his mule
          > drawn wagon. There were many unpaved roads in this area even up into the
          > late 50's.
          >
          > Richard

        • Richard Matthews
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
            I just added 82 links to http://home.hiwaay.net/~prm/jcalgenweb.html Jackson
            County web page. These are just a bunch of different sites that contain
            information about Jackson County genealogy. You may want to browse through
            them at your leisure to see if there is anything of use to you there.

            Richard
          • grantinput@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
              Richard--thank you for all your hard work. Will these be found on the first
              page or will we need to go to another page to locate them>

              Pam
              Moon family researcher
            • Richard Matthews
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
                They are on the first page, but are random links so some browsing will be
                required.

                By the way, I have Moons in my Mother's family, along with Bullards and
                Mannings, from around Powder Spring, Ga.

                Richard
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
                  For you Richard; Thanks for the links; I am researching The Bullard Family,
                  some buried in Cobb Co. Ga. John Bullard 1804 is my G G Grandfather. Louisa
                  married Alexander Brown that I am having a hard time with.

                  K. M. Lingenfelter, Pt. St. Lucie, FL.

                • Wyona Moon
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 1, 2002
                    What Moons are you researching?