Re: [jacksongenealogy] Cherokee Families in Jackson Co.

  • billy hill
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 12, 2011
      so sorry delilah, please accept my condolences. billy hill

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 14, 2011
        thanks for responding brenda. im sorry but i havent researched any of the evans line. i only know that my ggrandmother was an evans. i dont know where she came from or anything about her. my grandmother never told me anything about her mother. im very late in trying to find out about my family. i will go back to ancestry.com and see what i can find. thanks billy hill

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 14, 2011
          Thank you for the reply, Billy. I know what you mean about 'being' late in coming to genealogy - just wish I could ask my grandparents so many things but now it's too late.

          Brenda

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
             I am at the library, and therefore I do not have a good opportunity for sending an entirely new message; but, I have a question. My 2nd great grandmother, Nancy, the wife of William C. Redwine, is supposed to have been part Indian. In a search of the census, I've guessed that her maided name might have been Barker, or Fish, or O'leary. Do you know whether any of those families, especially in Mississippi, or Alabama, are known to have Indian blood?