Re: [jacksongenealogy] Harmony

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
      Clay, you may be correct because many of the folks in this area did not agree with the war and thought both sides were wrong. The North and the South had been living different life styles for many years but the politicians could not stand it. A lot of good men died on both sides for a cause they did not really understand. A rich mans war and a poor mans fight. I do not beleive 100,000's of poor men went out to die so a rich man could own slaves but this is the way the picture is painted today.

      Bill Cagle

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
        Clay,

        Good observation and the timing is right! My mother's family around Estill Fork were Unionist, while my father's family around Francisco were Rebels.

        John

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
          Look up the 1st Alabama Calvary and "the old flag".

        • cagle8185@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
            look at 1st Alabama Calvary