Wagon Train to Texas

  • grams46@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2011
      cindysmith9@... writes:

      My great great grandparents John and Martha Holdridge moved to East Texas,
      Mt. Pleasant, Titus Co., about 1904. They moved on the train, except those
      who moved the stock. They went to Larkin's Landing and had to cross the
      Tennessee River on the ferry.>

      When my grandfather was a boy - about 1895, he and some of his family
      (Hoods and Houstons) went to their new home Fannin County Texas via a small
      wagon train. Does anyone know the preferred route by wagon from Jackson
      County Alabama to Texas?
      peace from kathy