spouse for David Tate Pace

  • quietholler.dana
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hi all- I have two pictures of David Tate Pace which include his wife. I don't have a name for the wife nor have I been able to find a marriage record. I thought someone here might be familiar with this family. Tate was my greatgrandmother's nephew. My greatgrandmother was Maggie Carter Messer Nichols, b. 1888, Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama.

      David Tate Pace (called Tate) b.1903, Jackson, Alabama
      parents: Amanda Carter b. 1882, Jackson, Alabama and Richard Pace b. 1875 Jackson, Alabama

      In 1923 Richard and his son, Reuben Earl, were both killed when struck by lightning. They are buried in the Old Baptist Cemetery in Jackson County under a double headstone. Sometime after this, Aunt Mandy moved her family to S. Pittsburg, Tennessee. I don't know if Tate was married in Tennessee or Alabama. He moved back to Jackson County sometime prior to the 50s (my photos are from the 50s) and he died there in 1983. Thanks for any answers, Dana
    • Ann B. Chambless
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
        Found this obituary that I suspect gives David Tate Pace's wife's name:

        Elora Craze Pace
        93,retiredelementary teacher

        SCOTTSBORO --Funeralfor Elora Craze Pace, 93, of Scottsboro, will be
        Friday at 2 p.m. at Scottsboro FuneralHomewith the Rev. Robert Gamble
        and the Rev. Don Cooper officiating.

        Burial will be in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens. The family will receive
        friends tonight from 6 to 8 at thefuneral home.

        Mrs. Pace died Wednesday, March 7, 2001, at Rosewood Manor in
        Scottsboro. She was born Sept. 14, 1907, in Jackson County. She was an
        elementary teacher in Jackson County Schools for 22 years and a member
        of CalvaryBaptist Church. She was the widow of Tate Pace and the
        grandmother of the late Rickey Wilbourn.

        Survivors include one son, Richard A. Pace of Decatur; three daughters,
        Peggy Summers of Orangeburg, S.C., Jimmie Wilbourn of Scottsboro and
        Mary Lou Gilmore of Leighton; one sister, Beatrice Goodrich of Danville;
        11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.

        On 8/3/2011 1:18 PM, quietholler.dana wrote:

        > Hi all- I have two pictures of David Tate Pace which include his wife.
        > I don't have a name for the wife nor have I been able to find a
        > marriage record. I thought someone here might be familiar with this
        > family. Tate was my greatgrandmother's nephew. My greatgrandmother was
        > Maggie Carter Messer Nichols, b. 1888, Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama.
        >
        > David Tate Pace (called Tate) b.1903, Jackson, Alabama
        > parents: Amanda Carter b. 1882, Jackson, Alabama and Richard Pace b.
        > 1875 Jackson, Alabama

      • quietholler.dana
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
          Thank you Ann- that does appear to be right woman. I appreciate all the extra information in the obituary. Dana

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless" <rabc123@...> wrote:

          > Found this obituary that I suspect gives David Tate Pace's wife's name:
          >
          > Elora Craze Pace
          > 93,retiredelementary teacher
          >
          > SCOTTSBORO --Funeralfor Elora Craze Pace, 93, of Scottsboro, will be
          > Friday at 2 p.m. at Scottsboro FuneralHomewith the Rev. Robert Gamble
          > and the Rev. Don Cooper officiating.
          >
          > Burial will be in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens. The family will receive
          > friends tonight from 6 to 8 at thefuneral home.
          >
          > Mrs. Pace died Wednesday, March 7, 2001, at Rosewood Manor in
          > Scottsboro. She was born Sept. 14, 1907, in Jackson County. She was an
          > elementary teacher in Jackson County Schools for 22 years and a member
          > of CalvaryBaptist Church. She was the widow of Tate Pace and the
          > grandmother of the late Rickey Wilbourn.
          >
          > Survivors include one son, Richard A. Pace of Decatur; three daughters,
          > Peggy Summers of Orangeburg, S.C., Jimmie Wilbourn of Scottsboro and
          > Mary Lou Gilmore of Leighton; one sister, Beatrice Goodrich of Danville;
          > 11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.
          >

          > On 8/3/2011 1:18 PM, quietholler.dana wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all- I have two pictures of David Tate Pace which include his wife.
          > > I don't have a name for the wife nor have I been able to find a
          > > marriage record. I thought someone here might be familiar with this
          > > family. Tate was my greatgrandmother's nephew. My greatgrandmother was
          > > Maggie Carter Messer Nichols, b. 1888, Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama.
          > >
          > > David Tate Pace (called Tate) b.1903, Jackson, Alabama
          > > parents: Amanda Carter b. 1882, Jackson, Alabama and Richard Pace b.
          > > 1875 Jackson, Alabama

        • Jimmie Ryan
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
            Ricky Wilbourn

            Jan. 24, 1957 - July 30, 2010

            Ricky Wilbourn of Gurley passed away Friday. He was 53.

            He is survived by his son, Ricky "Junior" Wilbourn; daughter, Elizabeth Ann
            Wilbourn; brother, Raymond Wilbourn; four sisters, Rosie Taylor, Ruth
            Massengill, Kathy "Kadzy" Massengill and Jackie McClure; and two
            grandchildren, Autumn and Jacob Wilbourn.

            Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Berryhill Funeral Home. Chapel
            services will be held at noon Monday with the Rev. James Ollie Wilbourn
            officiating.

            Found this obituary that I suspect gives David Tate Pace's wife's name:

            Elora Craze Pace
            93,retiredelementary teacher

            SCOTTSBORO --Funeralfor Elora Craze Pace, 93, of Scottsboro, will be Friday
            at 2 p.m. at Scottsboro FuneralHomewith the Rev. Robert Gamble and the Rev.
            Don Cooper officiating.

            Burial will be in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens. The family will receive
            friends tonight from 6 to 8 at thefuneral home.

            Mrs. Pace died Wednesday, March 7, 2001, at Rosewood Manor in Scottsboro.
            She was born Sept. 14, 1907, in Jackson County. She was an elementary
            teacher in Jackson County Schools for 22 years and a member of
            CalvaryBaptist Church. She was the widow of Tate Pace and the grandmother of
            the late Rickey Wilbourn.

            Survivors include one son, Richard A. Pace of Decatur; three daughters,
            Peggy Summers of Orangeburg, S.C., Jimmie Wilbourn of Scottsboro and Mary
            Lou Gilmore of Leighton; one sister, Beatrice Goodrich of Danville;
            11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.

            On 8/3/2011 1:18 PM, quietholler.dana wrote:

            > Hi all- I have two pictures of David Tate Pace which include his wife.
            > I don't have a name for the wife nor have I been able to find a
            > marriage record. I thought someone here might be familiar with this
            > family. Tate was my greatgrandmother's nephew. My greatgrandmother was
            > Maggie Carter Messer Nichols, b. 1888, Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama.
            >
            > David Tate Pace (called Tate) b.1903, Jackson, Alabama
            > parents: Amanda Carter b. 1882, Jackson, Alabama and Richard Pace b.
            > 1875 Jackson, Alabama

          • Jimmie Ryan
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
              United States Obituary Collection about Ricky Wilbourn

              Name of Deceased: Ricky Wilbourn
              Gender: M (Male)
              Age at Death: 53
              Death Date: 30 Jul 2010
              Obituary Date: 1 Aug 2010
              Newspaper Title: Huntsville Daily
              Newspaper Location: Alabama, AL, USA
              Birth Date: 24 Jan 1957
              Children's' Names: Elizabeth Ann Wilbourn; Ricky "Junior"
              Wilbourn
              Siblings' Names: Raymond Wilbourn; Rosie Taylor, Ruth
              Massengill, Kathy "Kadzy" Massengill and Jackie McClure
              Number of Grandchildren: 2

              Found this obituary that I suspect gives David Tate Pace's wife's name:

              Elora Craze Pace
              93,retiredelementary teacher

              SCOTTSBORO --Funeralfor Elora Craze Pace, 93, of Scottsboro, will be Friday
              at 2 p.m. at Scottsboro FuneralHomewith the Rev. Robert Gamble and the Rev.
              Don Cooper officiating.

              Burial will be in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens. The family will receive
              friends tonight from 6 to 8 at thefuneral home.

              Mrs. Pace died Wednesday, March 7, 2001, at Rosewood Manor in Scottsboro.
              She was born Sept. 14, 1907, in Jackson County. She was an elementary
              teacher in Jackson County Schools for 22 years and a member of
              CalvaryBaptist Church. She was the widow of Tate Pace and the grandmother of
              the late Rickey Wilbourn.

              Survivors include one son, Richard A. Pace of Decatur; three daughters,
              Peggy Summers of Orangeburg, S.C., Jimmie Wilbourn of Scottsboro and Mary
              Lou Gilmore of Leighton; one sister, Beatrice Goodrich of Danville;
              11 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.

              On 8/3/2011 1:18 PM, quietholler.dana wrote:

              > Hi all- I have two pictures of David Tate Pace which include his wife.
              > I don't have a name for the wife nor have I been able to find a
              > marriage record. I thought someone here might be familiar with this
              > family. Tate was my greatgrandmother's nephew. My greatgrandmother was
              > Maggie Carter Messer Nichols, b. 1888, Paint Rock, Jackson, Alabama.
              >
              > David Tate Pace (called Tate) b.1903, Jackson, Alabama
              > parents: Amanda Carter b. 1882, Jackson, Alabama and Richard Pace b.
              > 1875 Jackson, Alabama

            • Jimmie Ryan
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
                Brenda Jean Wilbourn (May 15, 1958 - August 6, 2007)

                Brenda Jean Wilbourn, age 49 of Gurley died Monday.

                She was a native of Madison County, was of Baptist faith and an employee of
                the Madison County Board of Education.

                She is survived by her Husband Ricky Wilbourn Son Ricky Wilbourn, Jr.,
                Daughter Elizabeth Ann Wilbourn, Father Erskine McClure, Brothers Dawson,
                Bud, Larry Barry & Robert McClure, Sisters Linda Sue Davis and Helen
                McClure, Grandchildren-Autumn & Jacob Wilbourn all of Gurley

                Arrangements are being handled by Spry Funeral Home of Huntsville, where the
                family will receive friends from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM Tuesday. Funeral service
                will be at Spry Funeral Home Chapel 3:30pm Wednesday with Rev. James
                Wilbourn officiating.