Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Charles Johnson was son of BERRY and LUCY (BLAYLOCK) JOHNSON

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 20, 2011
      Yes Jimmie, I would also like to find out more about the YARBROUGH family. You lost me in the 2nd paragraph but that's ok. I usually stay lost. Maybe my notes on this 1880 Jackson County, AL census will help you with John & Gilly A. Sanders and their grandkids. Maybe this will clear up some maiden names???

      1880 Jackson County, AL

      Page 78C #105

      John Sanders 58 NC

      Gilley 45 AL

      Isaac (Sherman) 14 AL son of John & Gilly (Yarbrough) Sanders

      Nancy (C.) 11 AL daughter of John 7 Gilly (Yarbrough) Sanders

      Charles 9 AL son of John 7 Gilly (Yarbrough) Sanders

      Martha S.(Susan) 7 AL daughter of John & Gilly (Yarbrough) Sanders

      Alabama 3 AL (Gilly Alabama married Oliver Posey)

      Gilley Ellen Mashburn 11 AL dau of Mathew & Eliza Jane (Sanders) Mashburn

      Benjamin Mashburn 5 AL son of Mathew & Eliza Jane (Sanders) Mashburn

      Isaac Mashburn (Anderson) 2 AL son of Jerry Clemons Anderson & Eliza Jane (Sanders) Mashburn Humphrey, raised as Isaac Humphrey, however on this census he is listed as ANDERSON

      By 1880 Eliza Jane (Sander) and both husband Mathew Mashburn and J.J. Humphries is believed to be deceased.

      Eliza Jane SANDERS born 1846 was a daughter of John & Charlotte (Brannon) SANDERS

      Jerry Clemons ANDERSON born 1852 was a son of John & Gilly Ann (Yarbrough) ANDERSON

      Eliza Jane Sanders was Jerry’s step-sister.

      Mathew Mashburn to Eliza Jane Sanders 1 June 1869, Jackson County, Al

      (Mathew Mashburn may have died)

      Eliza Jane Mashburn to J.J. Humphries 13 Sept. 1874 Jackson County, AL at John Sanders house

      Latham Cemetery on Guess' Creek Road, near Princeton, Jackson County, AL

      Isaac Clemmons Humphreys Jan 15, 1878-April 20, 1927

      Lula J. Cox Humphreys May 21, 1880- July 9, 1952

      (Lula J. is a probable daughter of:

      John M.(10/27/1861-3/4/1939 &

      Manerva E. Cox (10/10/1861-12/16/1923. They are buried near Isaac and Lula J.

      **Gillie Alabama Sanders born 9 Nov. 1876-died 2 Feb 1948-married Oliver Posey on 4 Feb 1892; Beech Grove Cemetery, Francisco, Jackson County, Alabama

      John C. Posey Feb 3, 1898-Oct. 19, 1979 buried close to Gillie Alabama (Sanders) Posey

      CHILDREN of John and Gilly Ann (Yarbrough) Anderson Sanders

      1. Isaac Sherman Sanders, born April 1866, Jackson County, AL-married April 24, 1887 to Martha Jane Cornelison

      2. Nancy C. Sanders, born July 1870 Jackson County, AL-married 22 March, 1883 to Richard B. Hill

      3. Charles Sanders-born about 1871, Jackson County, AL

      4. Martha Susan Sanders-born about 1873 Jackson County, AL

      5. Gilley Alabama Sanders-born 9 Nov. 1876, Jackson County, AL-died 2 Feb. 1948, Jackson County, AL-married 4 Feb 1892 to Oliver Posey

      From: Jimmie Ryan <altafae@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 5:11 PM

      Thanks Jewel and Clay for the information I do so appreciate the

      clarification and information, this will expand my Brazier information. We

      still have the question as to John Martin's wife, so it Martha Anderson, and

      not Martha Green daughter of James Green and Mary Ann Anderson?

      Jimmie

      Here are our prospects:

      1860 United States Federal Census about California Johnson

      Age in 1860: 4

      Birth Year: abt 1856

      Birthplace: Alabama

      Home in 1860: Division 4, Jackson, Alabama

      Gender: Female

      Post Office: Paint Rock

      Household:

      Martin Johnson 27 b AL

      Martha Johnson 24 b AL (maiden name Anderson? Not Green?)

      Wm Johnson 8

      Elry Johnson 6

      California Johnson 4

      1860 United States Federal Census about California Johnson

      Age in 1860: 9

      Birth Year: abt 1851

      Birthplace: Alabama

      Home in 1860: Oldtown, Dallas, Alabama

      Gender: Female

      Post Office: Benton and Selma

      Household:

      W W Johnson 56 b NC

      S Johnson 52 b NC

      N R Johnson 27

      Sarah Johnson 22

      Margaret Johnson 20

      Amanda Johnson 18

      Henry W Johnson 14

      Dora A Johnson 11

      California Johnson 9

      1860 United States Federal Census about C Johnson

      Age in 1860: 3

      Birth Year: abt 1857

      Birthplace: Alabama

      Home in 1860: Southern Division, Coosa, Alabama

      Race: White

      Gender: Female

      Post Office: Rockford

      Household:

      G Johnson 69 b SC

      M A Johnson 30 b GA

      J Johnson 18

      Henry C Johnson 16

      J Johnson 14

      C Johnson 3

      R Johnson 6/12

      J C Childers 9

      B F Griffen 21

      1870 United States Federal Census

      Name: California Johnson

      Birth Year: abt 1854

      Age in 1870: 16

      Birthplace: Alabama

      Home in 1870: Pine Flat, Dallas, Alabama

      Race: White

      Gender: Female

      Household:

      Henry Johnson 66 b NC