William H Gay & Mira Lee Gay

  • Carolyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2011
      I just joined the group and have been looking for my "dead end" relatives. Mira & William Gay were on the 1850 census with the Anthony Dickey family. They were both listed occupation as "blacksmith". In 1860 they were in DeKalb County, then in 1870 Almira,(Elmira, Eliza, or Mira) was in Bellafonte, Jackson county with her children without William, living next door to Mary Gay (they were both listed as "weavers). In 1880 she was in Jackson county, Beat 10,listed as Elmira Gay.
      Her maiden name was Lee and her mother was a McCloud. Her children were Lydia Margaret, Martha A, Theodocia E, Manda Or Maud C, Julia, Lucy, Eliza. Lydia married Thomas Payne, Theodocia married Clement Ledbetter, Julia married James M Holder. The family went to Indiana sometime during the civil war where Mary was born, them back to Jackson county in 1870. If any of these names are familiar to you please let me know. I don't know who William Gay and Mira Lee Gay's parents were. That's my dead end!

      Thanks, Carolyn