Researching Selby, Blessing, McElyea, Isbell, York family line.

  • udrivemecrazy35760
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
      I am researching the Selby, Blessing, McElyea, Isbell, York lines.

      William Selby b. abt. 1825 married a Martha Elizabeth Blessing b.
      abt. 1826. Had about 9 children.

      Their son Robert Selby b. June 3, 1857 married a Frances Virginia
      McElyea b. June 1858. Had about 7 children.

      Their son Miles Selby b. Jan. 1878 married a Onie Isbell b. June 1893
      ( I beleive that her name might be Elizabeth). Had 7 children. Her
      parents names are Mat A.or E. Isbell, he married a Sarah York.

      All where married in Jackson Co., AL. Don't know about William and
      Elizabeth (Blessing) Selby.

      They lives around Boxes Cove and Hollywood Area. Would appreciate
      any info. anyone could share or help me with.

      Thank you for your time.
      Birdie
    • udrivemecrazy35760

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
          You can find some information about the Selbys and
          McElyeas in THE HERITAGE OF JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA;
          page 301. The McElyeas are also listed in the 1860
          census of Jackson co. Al.
          Talitha McElyea, brother to Hugh McElyea, was the wife
          of James Oliver which is my gggrandfather. I am also
          doing research on the McElyeas. (The Olivers are in
          the 1850 and 1860 census Jackson Co Al) If you don't
          have access to the THE HERITAGE OF JACKSON CO AL let
          me know and I will copy and send the info to you.

          --- udrivemecrazy35760 <rhelton@...> wrote:
          > I am researching the Selby, Blessing, McElyea,
          > Isbell, York lines.
          >
          > William Selby b. abt. 1825 married a Martha
          > Elizabeth Blessing b.
          > abt. 1826. Had about 9 children.
          >
          > Their son Robert Selby b. June 3, 1857 married a
          > Frances Virginia
          > McElyea b. June 1858. Had about 7 children.
          >
          > Their son Miles Selby b. Jan. 1878 married a Onie
          > Isbell b. June 1893
          > ( I beleive that her name might be Elizabeth). Had 7
          > children. Her
          > parents names are Mat A.or E. Isbell, he married a
          > Sarah York.
          >
          > All where married in Jackson Co., AL. Don't know
          > about William and
          > Elizabeth (Blessing) Selby.
          >
          > They lives around Boxes Cove and Hollywood Area.
          > Would appreciate
          > any info. anyone could share or help me with.
          >
          > Thank you for your time.
          > Birdie

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Roberta Helton
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
            Hi Sam,

            Are you talking about the Tipton-Selby Family or is there some more family
            history there I missed.

            Roberta
            > You can find some information about the Selbys and
            > McElyeas in THE HERITAGE OF JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA;
            > page 301. The McElyeas are also listed in the 1860
            > census of Jackson co. Al.
            > Talitha McElyea, brother to Hugh McElyea, was the wife
            > of James Oliver which is my gggrandfather. I am also
            > doing research on the McElyeas. (The Olivers are in
            > the 1850 and 1860 census Jackson Co Al) If you don't
            > have access to the THE HERITAGE OF JACKSON CO AL let
            > me know and I will copy and send the info to you.
            >

            > --- udrivemecrazy35760 <rhelton@...> wrote:
            > > I am researching the Selby, Blessing, McElyea,
            > > Isbell, York lines.
            > >
            > > William Selby b. abt. 1825 married a Martha
            > > Elizabeth Blessing b.
            > > abt. 1826. Had about 9 children.
            > >
            > > Their son Robert Selby b. June 3, 1857 married a
            > > Frances Virginia
            > > McElyea b. June 1858. Had about 7 children.
            > >
            > > Their son Miles Selby b. Jan. 1878 married a Onie
            > > Isbell b. June 1893
            > > ( I beleive that her name might be Elizabeth). Had 7
            > > children. Her
            > > parents names are Mat A.or E. Isbell, he married a
            > > Sarah York.
            > >
            > > All where married in Jackson Co., AL. Don't know
            > > about William and
            > > Elizabeth (Blessing) Selby.
            > >
            > > They lives around Boxes Cove and Hollywood Area.
            > > Would appreciate
            > > any info. anyone could share or help me with.
            > >
            > > Thank you for your time.
            > > Birdie

          • Sam McDowell
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
              Yes, I was talking about the Tipton-Selby Family.

              http://sports.yahoo.com