Green, Orme, Harper

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2011
      My Greatgreatuncle Robert T. Harper m. Melinda Orme 1843 Jackson Co. She was the dau of John Walter and Elizabeth (Selby) Orme who m. 25 Aug 1808 in Adair Co. KY. The Ormes were in Jackson Co. by 1823 and on the 1830/40 Census . Walter Orme patented land in Boxes Cove near Larkinsville. The Harpers also lived in Boxes Cove. The Ormes move from Jackson Co. to Crawford Co. AR by 1850. Robert T. Harper's family moved with them.

      On the 1850 Lafayette, Crawford Co. AR Census a David Green age 26 b. AL is living with Robert T. and Melinda Harper's family. David Green married Melinda's sister Drusilla Orme ca 1855/56 in Crawford Co. and they are listed on the 1860/70/80 Crawford Co. AR Census.

      Robert T. Harper moved to Van Zandt Co. TX after the Civil War and is on the 1870 Van Zandt Co. Census as is his brother Andrew J. Harper and their mother Martha "Patsy" (Phillips) Harper. Martha moved back to Jackson Co. by 1880.

      Anyone missing a David Green b. ca 1824/25?

      Anyone connected to the Orme family? Anyone connected to Elizabeth Selby who married Walter Orme in KY.