[jacksongenealogy] Re: Green Family Genealogy-Pam

  • Pat Foster
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
      Thanks, Pam, for responding.

      None of the people you listed sounded familiar to me-yet.

      We know so little about this Lewis Green-we don't even know for sure who his
      wife/wives were!

      Some are showing him to be a son of Jeremiah Green(e) and married to Martha.

      Someone named Nancy was important in the Green family as this name was
      passed down-reasoning as you do of renaming the children after family
      members. It was definitely done quite often in those days!

      Lewis supposedly married in Tennessee but it is unclear if he was b in North
      Carolina and then he didn't move an inch maybe because that part of NC
      became part of Tennessee!!! So, it's puzzle pieces until I find someone who
      might have actual Bible records or actual history of him. I'm very
      wishful/hoping that someone in Jackson County has the story!

      By the way, the Russell Cave owners are related to me thru that line of
      Greens, too.

      I don't think I am a direct descendant but know they are cousins, etc.

      I'm thinking the Russells and Greens were old friends when they got to
      Arkansas and my grandfather married Sallie Donna Russell! But, Lewis Green
      went through Missouri (by 1850) and his son, Marion, went into Arkansas.

      Thanks

      Pat Foster

      In OKLa
    • Regina Pipes
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
        My brother-in-law is James Hunt Green but he is in his fifties. His parents
        were Mamie and Virgil GREEN. I know that he is related to R B GREEN that
        lived in Scottsboro. Mamie and Virgil were older when James was born and he
        is their only child. Both Virgil and R B owned large farms in Jackson
        County.

        Regina
      • Pat Foster
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
          Hi Regina,

          Thanks for responding.

          It sounds as if Virgil and R B were long time residents of Jackson County
          maybe.

          Can you find out if they know their ancestors back another generation or so?

          Probably the property deeds would give some clues if they were in that group
          of original land grants?

          Thanks,

          Pat

          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
            I'll talk to James Hunt when I see him. His parents are dead and so is RB.
            I think there were other members in that family that lived in Jackson
            County.

            Regina

            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
              Marilyn Green Williams is interested in the Green family genealogy, and you
              might want to talk to her. I'm going to send her info and tell her to register
              on Jacksongenealogy. She might have info on the Greens. At any rate she needs to
              be in the loop.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                I'm guessing you all are already aware that there are lots of Greens buried at
                the Burgess Family Cemetary near Jackson County Park. Right?

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                  Clyde, thanks.

                  No, I don’t have much knowledge of anything about the Greens in Jackson County.

                  I have spent a long time on the Missouri and Arkansas info.

                  If that cemetery is on Find a Grave, I’ll take a look at them.

                  Pat

                  In Oklahoma

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                    I agree—if she’s a Green she needs to be in this loop! J

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 12, 2011
                      ok there lot of folks with the same name but different birthdays an parents nothing uncomman.Sue

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 18, 2011
                        > Thanks for the information. Don't believe it is the same Johnsons.

                      • Jewel Casey
                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 19, 2011
                          Sue Sharp Long
                          Going back over my mail and I see this one I'm wondering if you're talking about Christine Johnson that I went to school with at Princeton. I haven't seen her since we moved in 1944 and I don't know who she married or don't remember. Gee whiz, my mind may be playing tricks on me.

                          Jewel