Re: Green Family Genealogy

  • tongtiedtwisted
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
      Hi Pat,

      I'm also interested in the Green/e families in the Jackson County area.

      I descend from Margaret Green/e b c 1792 m Russel Hamilton b c 1780. THey married c 1808 NC - Cabarrus or Mecklenburg.

      I've been unable to prove her parents but think she must be a sister of Nathan Greene Jr m Mary Polly Kiser (Cabarraus NC), but I have no proof.

      I also think she must connect, somehow, to the Burkett Green line.

      My (Green/e) Hamilton line lived in Jackson County 1830-1845 before moving to MS.

      Their son, my ancestor, named his only son Burkett H. Hamilton. This is why I think there is some type of connection to the Burkett Green line. In a family known to name children after ancestors/relatives, Gabe named his only son after Burkett - when there isn't another Burkett in the Hamilton family.

      Anyway, I saw your post and thought I should toss this out there in case anyone thinks of something.

      The trip from NC to AL went something like this - left NC 1814, went to TN or Abbeville SC (not sure of order), then to Jackson by 1830. They had children born in all 3 states.

      THanks,
      Pam Cain
      Houston, TX

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Foster" <pjf1946@...> wrote:

      > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
      >
      > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Pat (Green) Foster
      >
      > In Oklahoma

    • Pat Foster
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
        Thanks, Pam, for responding.

        None of the people you listed sounded familiar to me-yet.

        We know so little about this Lewis Green-we don't even know for sure who his
        wife/wives were!

        Some are showing him to be a son of Jeremiah Green(e) and married to Martha.

        Someone named Nancy was important in the Green family as this name was
        passed down-reasoning as you do of renaming the children after family
        members. It was definitely done quite often in those days!

        Lewis supposedly married in Tennessee but it is unclear if he was b in North
        Carolina and then he didn't move an inch maybe because that part of NC
        became part of Tennessee!!! So, it's puzzle pieces until I find someone who
        might have actual Bible records or actual history of him. I'm very
        wishful/hoping that someone in Jackson County has the story!

        By the way, the Russell Cave owners are related to me thru that line of
        Greens, too.

        I don't think I am a direct descendant but know they are cousins, etc.

        I'm thinking the Russells and Greens were old friends when they got to
        Arkansas and my grandfather married Sallie Donna Russell! But, Lewis Green
        went through Missouri (by 1850) and his son, Marion, went into Arkansas.

        Thanks

        Pat Foster

        In OKLa
      • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
          My brother-in-law is James Hunt Green but he is in his fifties. His parents
          were Mamie and Virgil GREEN. I know that he is related to R B GREEN that
          lived in Scottsboro. Mamie and Virgil were older when James was born and he
          is their only child. Both Virgil and R B owned large farms in Jackson
          County.

          Regina
        • Pat Foster
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
            Hi Regina,

            Thanks for responding.

            It sounds as if Virgil and R B were long time residents of Jackson County
            maybe.

            Can you find out if they know their ancestors back another generation or so?

            Probably the property deeds would give some clues if they were in that group
            of original land grants?

            Thanks,

            Pat

            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
              I'll talk to James Hunt when I see him. His parents are dead and so is RB.
              I think there were other members in that family that lived in Jackson
              County.

              Regina

              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                Marilyn Green Williams is interested in the Green family genealogy, and you
                might want to talk to her. I'm going to send her info and tell her to register
                on Jacksongenealogy. She might have info on the Greens. At any rate she needs to
                be in the loop.

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                  I'm guessing you all are already aware that there are lots of Greens buried at
                  the Burgess Family Cemetary near Jackson County Park. Right?

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                    Clyde, thanks.

                    No, I don’t have much knowledge of anything about the Greens in Jackson County.

                    I have spent a long time on the Missouri and Arkansas info.

                    If that cemetery is on Find a Grave, I’ll take a look at them.

                    Pat

                    In Oklahoma

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                      I agree—if she’s a Green she needs to be in this loop! J

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 12, 2011
                        ok there lot of folks with the same name but different birthdays an parents nothing uncomman.Sue

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 18, 2011
                          > Thanks for the information. Don't believe it is the same Johnsons.

                        • Jewel Casey
                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 19 7:00 PM
                            Sue Sharp Long
                            Going back over my mail and I see this one I'm wondering if you're talking about Christine Johnson that I went to school with at Princeton. I haven't seen her since we moved in 1944 and I don't know who she married or don't remember. Gee whiz, my mind may be playing tricks on me.

                            Jewel