Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello

  • ajpriest@etex.net
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 5, 2011
      > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family Rosie was married to linclin
      > Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd cousin

    • John Green
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
        All I remember about Rosie (or Rose) Johnson is playing with her and my cousin Charlotte Green when we were kids. Rose lived next door to the Beech Grove Baptist Church. I haven't heard anything about her in 40 or 50 years.

        John M Green

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
          Cuz, that is the same bunch. Saw Elvis Green a few weeks ago and he said he was up helping the Johnson boys get some trees out of the road after some hard winds came through. These are not boys any more but that was what Elvis called them. I am sure they are bro and sis or Ist cuz. to Rosie. The road Elvis referred to was the one that goes up the hill to the church.

          Bill Cagle

          All I remember about Rosie (or Rose) Johnson is playing with her and my cousin Charlotte Green when we were kids. Rose lived next door to the Beech Grove Baptist Church. I haven't heard anything about her in 40 or 50 years.

          John M Green
          On Jun 24, 2011, at 4:32 PM, SUE LONG wrote:

          > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family Rosie was married to linclin Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd cousin

        • SUE LONG
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
            Rosie Johnson Fowler married Monroe Linclon Fowler of Princeton Alshe was 18 yrs old he was 38yrsold they married on the 13 July 1921 by Thos W Jones
            Linclon is burried in Fowler cemetery with his first two wifes Rosie is buried at Garf by Eral Johnson.Her an Linclon is the parents of Monroe Linclon Fowler jr Albert Fowler An Pollye T Fowler Long.Pollye married George Euwing Long on 22 Feb1940 they have 9 children 24 grandchildren s everal great grandchildren. Rosie parents are James W Johnson an Harritt
            Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1899 by justice of the peace R H Skelton. This is what I have found on them hope it help.

            Sue Sharp Long

            > > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family
            > Rosie was married to linclin
            >
            > > Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd
            > cousin
            >

            > > --- On Wed, 6/22/11, cagle8185@...
            > <cagle8185@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > >> From: cagle8185@...
            > <cagle8185@...>
            >
            > >> Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello
            >
            > >> To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > >> Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:02 AM
            >

            > >>I have an Elias Earl Johnson in my line of
            > Johnsons. Would love to hear
            >
            > more from you/

            > >> There are two Johnson brothers that live at
            > Francisco and
            >
            > >> are from the old Johnson family in the area.
            >

            > >> Bill Cagle

          • Pat Foster
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
              Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??

              I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.

              Thanks,

              Pat (Green) Foster

              In Oklahoma

            • cagle8185@aol.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 9, 2011
                do not think this is the same one John is looking for.

                Rosie Johnson Fowler married Monroe Linclon Fowler of Princeton Alshe was 18 yrs old he was 38yrsold they married on the 13 July 1921 by Thos W Jones
                Linclon is burried in Fowler cemetery with his first two wifes Rosie is buried at Garf by Eral Johnson.Her an Linclon is the parents of Monroe Linclon Fowler jr Albert Fowler An Pollye T Fowler Long.Pollye married George Euwing Long on 22 Feb1940 they have 9 children 24 grandchildren s everal great grandchildren. Rosie parents are James W Johnson an Harritt
                Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1899 by justice of the peace R H Skelton. This is what I have found on them hope it help.

                Sue Sharp Long

                > > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family
                > Rosie was married to linclin
                >
                > > Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd
                > cousin
                >

                > > --- On Wed, 6/22/11, cagle8185@...
                > <cagle8185@...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > >> From: cagle8185@...
                > <cagle8185@...>
                >
                > >> Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello
                >
                > >> To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > >> Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:02 AM
                >

                > >>I have an Elias Earl Johnson in my line of
                > Johnsons. Would love to hear
                >
                > more from you/

                > >> There are two Johnson brothers that live at
                > Francisco and
                >
                > >> are from the old Johnson family in the area.
                >

                > >> Bill Cagle

              • John Green
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 9, 2011
                  OOPS. Two different Rose Johnsons. The one I knew was born about 1946.

                  John M. Green

                • John Green
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                    Pat,

                    I'm a GREEN from Jackson County and I have a lot of information on my family. However, my folks settled around Francisco in extreme northwestern part of county. I don't know anything about the Greens from other parts of the county. As you probably know there are many, many different lines of Greens. Good luck, I hope someone else can help you.

                    John M. Green
                    On Jul 8, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Pat Foster wrote:

                    > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
                    >
                    > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Pat (Green) Foster
                    >
                    > In Oklahoma

                  • Pat Foster
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                      Thanks John for responding.

                      There were several Greens with land grants during that timeframe that Lewis
                      received one.

                      Without looking up the list, I remember an Asa Green that I felt like might
                      be related to Lewis.

                      The search continues...

                      Pat Foster

                      In Oklahoma

                      I'm a GREEN from Jackson County and I have a lot of information on my
                      family. However, my folks settled around Francisco in extreme northwestern
                      part of county. I don't know anything about the Greens from other parts of
                      the county. As you probably know there are many, many different lines of
                      Greens. Good luck, I hope someone else can help you.

                      John M. Green
                      On Jul 8, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Pat Foster wrote:

                      > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
                      >
                      > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has
                      done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt
                      1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the
                      Rash area of Jackson County.

                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Pat (Green) Foster
                      >
                      > In Oklahoma
                      >
                      > From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rosie Johnson Fowler
                      >
                      > Cuz, that is the same bunch. Saw Elvis Green a few weeks ago and he said
                      he was up helping the Johnson boys get some trees out of the road after some
                      hard winds came through. These are not boys any more but that was what Elvis
                      called them. I am sure they are bro and sis or Ist cuz. to Rosie. The road
                      Elvis referred to was the one that goes up the hill to the church.

                      > Bill Cagle

                      <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> >
                      > > > Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello
                      > > > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > > Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:02 AM

                      > > > There are two Johnson brothers that live at Francisco and
                      > > > are from the old Johnson family in the area.
                      > > >

                      > > > Bill Cagle

                      <mailto:jcasey%40cafes.net> <mailto:jcasey%40cafes.net> >

                    • tongtiedtwisted
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                        Hi Pat,

                        I'm also interested in the Green/e families in the Jackson County area.

                        I descend from Margaret Green/e b c 1792 m Russel Hamilton b c 1780. THey married c 1808 NC - Cabarrus or Mecklenburg.

                        I've been unable to prove her parents but think she must be a sister of Nathan Greene Jr m Mary Polly Kiser (Cabarraus NC), but I have no proof.

                        I also think she must connect, somehow, to the Burkett Green line.

                        My (Green/e) Hamilton line lived in Jackson County 1830-1845 before moving to MS.

                        Their son, my ancestor, named his only son Burkett H. Hamilton. This is why I think there is some type of connection to the Burkett Green line. In a family known to name children after ancestors/relatives, Gabe named his only son after Burkett - when there isn't another Burkett in the Hamilton family.

                        Anyway, I saw your post and thought I should toss this out there in case anyone thinks of something.

                        The trip from NC to AL went something like this - left NC 1814, went to TN or Abbeville SC (not sure of order), then to Jackson by 1830. They had children born in all 3 states.

                        THanks,
                        Pam Cain
                        Houston, TX

                        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Foster" <pjf1946@...> wrote:

                        > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
                        >
                        > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Pat (Green) Foster
                        >
                        > In Oklahoma

                      • Pat Foster
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                          Thanks, Pam, for responding.

                          None of the people you listed sounded familiar to me-yet.

                          We know so little about this Lewis Green-we don't even know for sure who his
                          wife/wives were!

                          Some are showing him to be a son of Jeremiah Green(e) and married to Martha.

                          Someone named Nancy was important in the Green family as this name was
                          passed down-reasoning as you do of renaming the children after family
                          members. It was definitely done quite often in those days!

                          Lewis supposedly married in Tennessee but it is unclear if he was b in North
                          Carolina and then he didn't move an inch maybe because that part of NC
                          became part of Tennessee!!! So, it's puzzle pieces until I find someone who
                          might have actual Bible records or actual history of him. I'm very
                          wishful/hoping that someone in Jackson County has the story!

                          By the way, the Russell Cave owners are related to me thru that line of
                          Greens, too.

                          I don't think I am a direct descendant but know they are cousins, etc.

                          I'm thinking the Russells and Greens were old friends when they got to
                          Arkansas and my grandfather married Sallie Donna Russell! But, Lewis Green
                          went through Missouri (by 1850) and his son, Marion, went into Arkansas.

                          Thanks

                          Pat Foster

                          In OKLa
                        • Regina Pipes
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                            My brother-in-law is James Hunt Green but he is in his fifties. His parents
                            were Mamie and Virgil GREEN. I know that he is related to R B GREEN that
                            lived in Scottsboro. Mamie and Virgil were older when James was born and he
                            is their only child. Both Virgil and R B owned large farms in Jackson
                            County.

                            Regina
                          • Pat Foster
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                              Hi Regina,

                              Thanks for responding.

                              It sounds as if Virgil and R B were long time residents of Jackson County
                              maybe.

                              Can you find out if they know their ancestors back another generation or so?

                              Probably the property deeds would give some clues if they were in that group
                              of original land grants?

                              Thanks,

                              Pat

                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                I'll talk to James Hunt when I see him. His parents are dead and so is RB.
                                I think there were other members in that family that lived in Jackson
                                County.

                                Regina

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                  Marilyn Green Williams is interested in the Green family genealogy, and you
                                  might want to talk to her. I'm going to send her info and tell her to register
                                  on Jacksongenealogy. She might have info on the Greens. At any rate she needs to
                                  be in the loop.

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                    I'm guessing you all are already aware that there are lots of Greens buried at
                                    the Burgess Family Cemetary near Jackson County Park. Right?

                                    ________________________________

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                      Clyde, thanks.

                                      No, I don’t have much knowledge of anything about the Greens in Jackson County.

                                      I have spent a long time on the Missouri and Arkansas info.

                                      If that cemetery is on Find a Grave, I’ll take a look at them.

                                      Pat

                                      In Oklahoma

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                        I agree—if she’s a Green she needs to be in this loop! J

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 12, 2011
                                          ok there lot of folks with the same name but different birthdays an parents nothing uncomman.Sue

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 18, 2011
                                            > Thanks for the information. Don't believe it is the same Johnsons.

                                          • Jewel Casey
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Aug 19, 2011
                                              Sue Sharp Long
                                              Going back over my mail and I see this one I'm wondering if you're talking about Christine Johnson that I went to school with at Princeton. I haven't seen her since we moved in 1944 and I don't know who she married or don't remember. Gee whiz, my mind may be playing tricks on me.

                                              Jewel