JCHA MEMBERSHIP

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2011
      Martha Wallace asked how one joins the Jackson County Historical
      Association. The following is a brief summary for her and others who
      might pose the same question:
      The Jackson County Historical Association is a very active organization
      that promotes awareness of and preservation of the county's rich
      cultural history. THE JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES are mailed to dues
      paying members about 2 weeks before each quarterly meeting in January,
      April, July, and October. Each publication consists of 12 to 14 pages
      of historical essays on county landmarks, events, and people. In years
      past, I have devoted entire issues to family history stories.
      Annual dues for those under 65: $20.00. For those 65 and older:
      $15.00. Dues checks should be made payable to JCHA and mailed to JCHA,
      P. O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768. Dues are necessary to finance
      publications and other projects deemed worthy of association support.
      The October JCHA meeting is in the form of an annual county bus tour.
      In 2009, we toured the northern section of the county that included the
      Bridgeport, Mount Carmel, Old Bolivar, and the Stevenson areas. This
      tour included the county's oldest home still used as a residence as well
      as a pre-Civil war home that was rebuilt after an 1880s fire. In 2010,
      we toured Cumberland Mountain and Paint Rock Valley. We were the guests
      in three restored homes that day. In October 2011, we will tour Hog
      Jaw Valley and the northern end of Sand Mountain that includes Bryant,
      Higdon, Flat Rock, and Fabius.
      The association has been working on the reclamation and restoration of
      the Scottsboro Freight Depot to be used as a museum. This building is
      one of only 3 pre-Civil War depots still standing in Alabama. Our July
      meeting will be in the form of a grand opening program at the depot.
      The association is also involved in the Paint Rock Valley History
      Project. Another recent project was the reclamation and annual cleaning
      of the Old Bellefonte Cemetery that was added to the Alabama Historic
      Cemetery Register in 2009.
      The association would welcome your membership and support.
      Ann B. Chambless
      Editor,
      JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES

    • rogwriter@...
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2014

        I found this email and want to subscribe.  Since it's three years old, are these facts below still correct?

        Roger Daniel

        In a message dated 6/13/2011 9:34:56 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, rabc123@... writes:
        For those 65 and older:
        $15.00. Dues checks should be made payable to JCHA and mailed to JCHA,
        P. O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768.
      • blackcloud27030
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2014
          JCHA Membership data is still valid.

          Clay

          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2014

            Jackson County Historical Association annual dues for those 65 and older are still $15.00. Dues checks should be made payable to JCHA and mailed to JCHA,
            P. O. Box 1494, Scottsboro, AL 35768.

          • rosetudor1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2015
              What is the membership term for JCHA and how do we know when it is time to renew?
              Martha in California
            • Ann
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 17, 2015
                January 1 is the time to renew membership in the Jackson County Historical Association.   Thank you for your support!
                Ann B. Chambless
                .