Re: [jacksongenealogy] INDEXING OF JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES

  • Martha Wallace
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2011
      Sounds like a great resource. How does one join the Jackson County Historical Association?

      Martha
      Genealogy - So many ancestors...so little time!

      On Jun 9, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Ann B. Chambless wrote:

      I have a question for all on this list who are dues paying members of
      the Jackson County Historical Association:
      _Would YOU be willing to index one full year (4 quarterly issues) of the
      Jackson County Chronicles for the historical association?_ (This
      amounts to 48 to 52 (letter-size) pages per year.)

      NOTE: The quarterlies dated January 1975 through October 1992 were
      indexed in the 1990s.

      Several years ago the association voted to republish January 1993
      through the most current date. However, this project was put on hold
      until we have an index for all years following 1993. Those on the
      committee appointed to republish realize we have been "dragging our
      feet", and it behooves us to accomplish this task in 2011. Once all
      years have been indexed, the association will republish ALL the back
      issues as a fund raising project. Money garnered from sales will be
      used by the JCHA to promote historic preservation projects throughout
      Jackson County.

      Two people have already told me they would be glad to help. WOULD YOU
      BE WILLING TO DO YOUR PART? IF SO, please email me at
      rabc123@...

      THANKS for sharing your time and talents with the JCHA!
      Ann B. Chambless
      Editor (for 34 years) of The Jackson County Chronicles published by the
      Jackson County Historical Association
      435 Barbee Lane
      Scottsboro, AL 35769