Fw: Hello

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 9, 2011
      Hello

      > If I may please let everyone know about our FANNING Reunion on Saturday
      > July 9, 2011 being held at Tims Ford State Park, 570 Tims Ford Drive,
      > Winchester, TN 37398. Covered dish lunch, food of your choice.
      > Descendants of ANY surname married into the FANNING family is invited.
      > Please help pass the word!
      >
      > We are researching any and all descendants of the FANNING families and
      > this is one way to do it. So please bring your bibles, pictures charts,
      > stories, etc to share with everyone.
      >
      > Contact me, Jewel D. Casey 931-455-5487 jcasey@...
    • SUE LONG
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 17, 2011
        I was wondering if U may be kin to Christine Johnson Fanning if so my husband is kin to her on the Johnson an Fowler sides of the family.

        Sue Sharp Long

        --- On Thu, 6/9/11, Jewel Casey <jcasey@...> wrote

        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 18, 2011
          Not sure. Who is Christine Johnson?

          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 18, 2011
            she lives up around Huntland Tn. she the daughter of Felix an Ethel Johnson the sister to Grace Johnson, Kenneth Johnson of Rome Ga,

            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 19, 2011
              Gee, what a small world. I was born near Princeton June 18, 1931, moved to Huntland January 1944.

              But I don't know many people there now. However, my 1st husband Homer A. Graham was related to the Johnson family from Jackson County, AL. Is this some of that Johnson families?
                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 22, 2011
                  There are two Johnson brothers that live at Francisco and are from the old Johnson family in the area.

                  Bill Cagle

                  possible was he kin to Earl johnson an Rosie Johnson

                  --- On Sun, 6/19/11, Jewel Casey <jcasey@...> wrote:

                  > From: Jewel Casey <

                • SUE LONG
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 24, 2011
                    Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family Rosie was married to linclin Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd cousin

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 5, 2011
                      > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family Rosie was married to linclin
                      > Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd cousin

                    • John Green
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
                        All I remember about Rosie (or Rose) Johnson is playing with her and my cousin Charlotte Green when we were kids. Rose lived next door to the Beech Grove Baptist Church. I haven't heard anything about her in 40 or 50 years.

                        John M Green

                      • cagle8185@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
                          Cuz, that is the same bunch. Saw Elvis Green a few weeks ago and he said he was up helping the Johnson boys get some trees out of the road after some hard winds came through. These are not boys any more but that was what Elvis called them. I am sure they are bro and sis or Ist cuz. to Rosie. The road Elvis referred to was the one that goes up the hill to the church.

                          Bill Cagle

                          All I remember about Rosie (or Rose) Johnson is playing with her and my cousin Charlotte Green when we were kids. Rose lived next door to the Beech Grove Baptist Church. I haven't heard anything about her in 40 or 50 years.

                          John M Green
                          On Jun 24, 2011, at 4:32 PM, SUE LONG wrote:

                          > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family Rosie was married to linclin Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd cousin

                        • SUE LONG
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
                            Rosie Johnson Fowler married Monroe Linclon Fowler of Princeton Alshe was 18 yrs old he was 38yrsold they married on the 13 July 1921 by Thos W Jones
                            Linclon is burried in Fowler cemetery with his first two wifes Rosie is buried at Garf by Eral Johnson.Her an Linclon is the parents of Monroe Linclon Fowler jr Albert Fowler An Pollye T Fowler Long.Pollye married George Euwing Long on 22 Feb1940 they have 9 children 24 grandchildren s everal great grandchildren. Rosie parents are James W Johnson an Harritt
                            Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1899 by justice of the peace R H Skelton. This is what I have found on them hope it help.

                            Sue Sharp Long

                            > > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family
                            > Rosie was married to linclin
                            >
                            > > Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd
                            > cousin
                            >

                            > > --- On Wed, 6/22/11, cagle8185@...
                            > <cagle8185@...>
                            > wrote:
                            >

                            > >> From: cagle8185@...
                            > <cagle8185@...>
                            >
                            > >> Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello
                            >
                            > >> To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                            >
                            > >> Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:02 AM
                            >

                            > >>I have an Elias Earl Johnson in my line of
                            > Johnsons. Would love to hear
                            >
                            > more from you/

                            > >> There are two Johnson brothers that live at
                            > Francisco and
                            >
                            > >> are from the old Johnson family in the area.
                            >

                            > >> Bill Cagle

                          • Pat Foster
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 8, 2011
                              Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??

                              I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.

                              Thanks,

                              Pat (Green) Foster

                              In Oklahoma

                            • cagle8185@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 9, 2011
                                do not think this is the same one John is looking for.

                                Rosie Johnson Fowler married Monroe Linclon Fowler of Princeton Alshe was 18 yrs old he was 38yrsold they married on the 13 July 1921 by Thos W Jones
                                Linclon is burried in Fowler cemetery with his first two wifes Rosie is buried at Garf by Eral Johnson.Her an Linclon is the parents of Monroe Linclon Fowler jr Albert Fowler An Pollye T Fowler Long.Pollye married George Euwing Long on 22 Feb1940 they have 9 children 24 grandchildren s everal great grandchildren. Rosie parents are James W Johnson an Harritt
                                Ellen Olinger 11 Aug 1899 by justice of the peace R H Skelton. This is what I have found on them hope it help.

                                Sue Sharp Long

                                > > Can u tell me more about the Johnson Family
                                > Rosie was married to linclin
                                >
                                > > Fowler after his daeth she married Earl her 2nd
                                > cousin
                                >

                                > > --- On Wed, 6/22/11, cagle8185@...
                                > <cagle8185@...>
                                > wrote:
                                >

                                > >> From: cagle8185@...
                                > <cagle8185@...>
                                >
                                > >> Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello
                                >
                                > >> To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                >
                                > >> Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:02 AM
                                >

                                > >>I have an Elias Earl Johnson in my line of
                                > Johnsons. Would love to hear
                                >
                                > more from you/

                                > >> There are two Johnson brothers that live at
                                > Francisco and
                                >
                                > >> are from the old Johnson family in the area.
                                >

                                > >> Bill Cagle

                              • John Green
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 9, 2011
                                  OOPS. Two different Rose Johnsons. The one I knew was born about 1946.

                                  John M. Green

                                • John Green
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                                    Pat,

                                    I'm a GREEN from Jackson County and I have a lot of information on my family. However, my folks settled around Francisco in extreme northwestern part of county. I don't know anything about the Greens from other parts of the county. As you probably know there are many, many different lines of Greens. Good luck, I hope someone else can help you.

                                    John M. Green
                                    On Jul 8, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Pat Foster wrote:

                                    > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
                                    >
                                    > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,
                                    >
                                    > Pat (Green) Foster
                                    >
                                    > In Oklahoma

                                  • Pat Foster
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                                      Thanks John for responding.

                                      There were several Greens with land grants during that timeframe that Lewis
                                      received one.

                                      Without looking up the list, I remember an Asa Green that I felt like might
                                      be related to Lewis.

                                      The search continues...

                                      Pat Foster

                                      In Oklahoma

                                      I'm a GREEN from Jackson County and I have a lot of information on my
                                      family. However, my folks settled around Francisco in extreme northwestern
                                      part of county. I don't know anything about the Greens from other parts of
                                      the county. As you probably know there are many, many different lines of
                                      Greens. Good luck, I hope someone else can help you.

                                      John M. Green
                                      On Jul 8, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Pat Foster wrote:

                                      > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
                                      >
                                      > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has
                                      done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt
                                      1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the
                                      Rash area of Jackson County.

                                      > Thanks,
                                      >
                                      > Pat (Green) Foster
                                      >
                                      > In Oklahoma
                                      >
                                      > From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      > Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rosie Johnson Fowler
                                      >
                                      > Cuz, that is the same bunch. Saw Elvis Green a few weeks ago and he said
                                      he was up helping the Johnson boys get some trees out of the road after some
                                      hard winds came through. These are not boys any more but that was what Elvis
                                      called them. I am sure they are bro and sis or Ist cuz. to Rosie. The road
                                      Elvis referred to was the one that goes up the hill to the church.

                                      > Bill Cagle

                                      <mailto:cagle8185%40aol.com> >
                                      > > > Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fw: Hello
                                      > > > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      > > > Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:02 AM

                                      > > > There are two Johnson brothers that live at Francisco and
                                      > > > are from the old Johnson family in the area.
                                      > > >

                                      > > > Bill Cagle

                                      <mailto:jcasey%40cafes.net> <mailto:jcasey%40cafes.net> >

                                    • tongtiedtwisted
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                                        Hi Pat,

                                        I'm also interested in the Green/e families in the Jackson County area.

                                        I descend from Margaret Green/e b c 1792 m Russel Hamilton b c 1780. THey married c 1808 NC - Cabarrus or Mecklenburg.

                                        I've been unable to prove her parents but think she must be a sister of Nathan Greene Jr m Mary Polly Kiser (Cabarraus NC), but I have no proof.

                                        I also think she must connect, somehow, to the Burkett Green line.

                                        My (Green/e) Hamilton line lived in Jackson County 1830-1845 before moving to MS.

                                        Their son, my ancestor, named his only son Burkett H. Hamilton. This is why I think there is some type of connection to the Burkett Green line. In a family known to name children after ancestors/relatives, Gabe named his only son after Burkett - when there isn't another Burkett in the Hamilton family.

                                        Anyway, I saw your post and thought I should toss this out there in case anyone thinks of something.

                                        The trip from NC to AL went something like this - left NC 1814, went to TN or Abbeville SC (not sure of order), then to Jackson by 1830. They had children born in all 3 states.

                                        THanks,
                                        Pam Cain
                                        Houston, TX

                                        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Foster" <pjf1946@...> wrote:

                                        > Do you guys know who these Green individuals descended from??
                                        >
                                        > I would love to be in touch with one of them from Jackson County who has done some Green genealogy!! My great great grandfather, Lewis Green, b abt 1795 received a grant for land there about 1835. The land is near/around the Rash area of Jackson County.
                                        >
                                        > Thanks,
                                        >
                                        > Pat (Green) Foster
                                        >
                                        > In Oklahoma

                                      • Pat Foster
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 10, 2011
                                          Thanks, Pam, for responding.

                                          None of the people you listed sounded familiar to me-yet.

                                          We know so little about this Lewis Green-we don't even know for sure who his
                                          wife/wives were!

                                          Some are showing him to be a son of Jeremiah Green(e) and married to Martha.

                                          Someone named Nancy was important in the Green family as this name was
                                          passed down-reasoning as you do of renaming the children after family
                                          members. It was definitely done quite often in those days!

                                          Lewis supposedly married in Tennessee but it is unclear if he was b in North
                                          Carolina and then he didn't move an inch maybe because that part of NC
                                          became part of Tennessee!!! So, it's puzzle pieces until I find someone who
                                          might have actual Bible records or actual history of him. I'm very
                                          wishful/hoping that someone in Jackson County has the story!

                                          By the way, the Russell Cave owners are related to me thru that line of
                                          Greens, too.

                                          I don't think I am a direct descendant but know they are cousins, etc.

                                          I'm thinking the Russells and Greens were old friends when they got to
                                          Arkansas and my grandfather married Sallie Donna Russell! But, Lewis Green
                                          went through Missouri (by 1850) and his son, Marion, went into Arkansas.

                                          Thanks

                                          Pat Foster

                                          In OKLa
                                        • Regina Pipes
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                            My brother-in-law is James Hunt Green but he is in his fifties. His parents
                                            were Mamie and Virgil GREEN. I know that he is related to R B GREEN that
                                            lived in Scottsboro. Mamie and Virgil were older when James was born and he
                                            is their only child. Both Virgil and R B owned large farms in Jackson
                                            County.

                                            Regina
                                          • Pat Foster
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                              Hi Regina,

                                              Thanks for responding.

                                              It sounds as if Virgil and R B were long time residents of Jackson County
                                              maybe.

                                              Can you find out if they know their ancestors back another generation or so?

                                              Probably the property deeds would give some clues if they were in that group
                                              of original land grants?

                                              Thanks,

                                              Pat

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                                I'll talk to James Hunt when I see him. His parents are dead and so is RB.
                                                I think there were other members in that family that lived in Jackson
                                                County.

                                                Regina

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                                  Marilyn Green Williams is interested in the Green family genealogy, and you
                                                  might want to talk to her. I'm going to send her info and tell her to register
                                                  on Jacksongenealogy. She might have info on the Greens. At any rate she needs to
                                                  be in the loop.

                                                  ________________________________

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                                    I'm guessing you all are already aware that there are lots of Greens buried at
                                                    the Burgess Family Cemetary near Jackson County Park. Right?

                                                    ________________________________

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                                      Clyde, thanks.

                                                      No, I don’t have much knowledge of anything about the Greens in Jackson County.

                                                      I have spent a long time on the Missouri and Arkansas info.

                                                      If that cemetery is on Find a Grave, I’ll take a look at them.

                                                      Pat

                                                      In Oklahoma

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jul 11, 2011
                                                        I agree—if she’s a Green she needs to be in this loop! J

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jul 12, 2011
                                                          ok there lot of folks with the same name but different birthdays an parents nothing uncomman.Sue

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Jul 18, 2011
                                                            > Thanks for the information. Don't believe it is the same Johnsons.

                                                          • Jewel Casey
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Aug 19, 2011
                                                              Sue Sharp Long
                                                              Going back over my mail and I see this one I'm wondering if you're talking about Christine Johnson that I went to school with at Princeton. I haven't seen her since we moved in 1944 and I don't know who she married or don't remember. Gee whiz, my mind may be playing tricks on me.

                                                              Jewel