STANDISH and Porters Bluff message for DEBORAH COOK

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5 12:44 PM
      TO: DEBORAH COOK
      I am attempting to write a historical essay about Henry and Elizabeth
      Belcher (Standish) Porter and her Standish relatives for the Jackson
      County Historical Association. We will visit Porter's Bluff during our
      annual October Fall Bus Tour and view the grave markers there....so I
      want to be able to share as much family history as possible. PLEASE,
      could you share your family info? I have traced the Porters and Mary
      Elizabeth (Starkweather) Standish back to Bruce, Macomb County,
      Michigan, and then on back to Connecticut and their famous ancestor,
      Myles/Miles Standish.
      HOWEVER, I would like information on Susan Z. Standish and her brother,
      Samuel Miles Standish. Until I read your info, I did not know that
      Samuel Miles Standish died at Porter's Bluff. Could you please share
      his obit? I would also like to read a copy of Susan Z. Standish's last
      will and testament, if possible. I have located her land holdings via
      the Government Land Office records.
      Thanks so much for sharing.
      Ann B. Chambless
      435 Barbee Lane