Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Gravestone questions Center Point and Old Baptist

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 4, 2011
      Waynette

      Center Point's first known burial was Johnson Harrison in 1874.

      Old Baptist at Hollywood (Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church) was established in 1819 and has over a 1000 graves many are very old and some marked with hand made stones that are unreadable.

      Both Cemeteries are still in use today.

      Go to our group home website and click on FILES scroll down to MegaCemJacksonAll click on this using the Find feature under Edit enter Old Baptist there are three sections, click on one, then using the Find feature you can search the names in the cemetery.

      You can use the Find feature when you first open the File enter a name and search through all the cemeteries for that name.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 5, 2011
        Clay,
        Is Old Baptist at Hollywood the same cemetery once known as "Price"?
        Cyn Robbins

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

        > Waynette
        >
        > Center Point's first known burial was Johnson Harrison in 1874.
        >
        > Old Baptist at Hollywood (Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church) was established in 1819 and has over a 1000 graves many are very old and some marked with hand made stones that are unreadable.
        >
        > Both Cemeteries are still in use today.
        >
        > Go to our group home website and click on FILES scroll down to MegaCemJacksonAll click on this using the Find feature under Edit enter Old Baptist there are three sections, click on one, then using the Find feature you can search the names in the cemetery.
        >
        > You can use the Find feature when you first open the File enter a name and search through all the cemeteries for that name.
        >
        > Clay

      • Clay Gullatt
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 5, 2011
          No. According to the MegaCem File and the list from University of AL, Price Cemetery is at Lakeview Church which is just Northeast of Mudcreek. It has over 1000 graves, first know interment was Lucy Jane (Ivey) Holder in 1886. The majority are from the 1940s to the present.

          Clay

          Is Old Baptist at Hollywood the same cemetery once known as "Price"?
          Cyn Robbins

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

          > Waynette
          >
          > Center Point's first known burial was Johnson Harrison in 1874.
          >
          > Old Baptist at Hollywood (Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church) was established in 1819 and has over a 1000 graves many are very old and some marked with hand made stones that are unreadable.
          >
          > Both Cemeteries are still in use today.
          >
          > Go to our group home website and click on FILES scroll down to MegaCemJacksonAll click on this using the Find feature under Edit enter Old Baptist there are three sections, click on one, then using the Find feature you can search the names in the cemetery.
          >
          > You can use the Find feature when you first open the File enter a name and search through all the cemeteries for that name.
          >
          > Clay

        • Waynette Davis
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 10, 2011
            Thanks for your directions on finding persons in cemeteries and
            clarification on different Old Baptist Cemeteries.

            Waynette