Re: [jacksongenealogy] Charles Cagle

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 11 , May 17, 2011
      1900 Bolivar, Jackson Co. AL
      Charles Cagle Head Dec 1836 63 mar.17yrs TN TN TN Farmer
      Parolee Wife Feb 1855 45 mar.17yrs 2children/2living AL AL AL
      Annie Dau Jun 1886 14 AL
      Talley Son Mar 1889 11 AL
      Lizzie Paye Niece July 1878 21 TN AL AL

      I believe this is a second marriage for Charles Cagle. From the marriage records he first
      married Mahala T. Farris 19 Aug 1860.

      1880 (Township 2 Range 8) Dist. 105 Stevenson, Jackson Co. AL
      Charlie Cagle 48 Self Farmer TN TN TN
      Mahala 36 Wife Keeping House AL AL AL
      Thomas 16 Son Farm Labor TN
      John 13 Son Farm Labor TN
      George 10 Son TN
      Olivia 7 Dau AL
      Sarah 5 Dau TN
      Charlie 1 Son AL

      From birth place for his children he moved back and forth from TN to AL. He was in TN
      for the 1870 but I have not found them.

      1870 Dist 1 SubDiv 1 (Bridgeport) Jackson Co. AL
      Thos L. Payne 56 Blacksmith TN
      Mary P. 29 Keeping House AL
      Lowary D. 20 Works on Farm AL
      Nancy C. 18 At Home AL
      Paralee E. 16 At Home AL

      1860 (Bridgeport) Dist 1 Jackson Co. AL
      Thomas Payne 46 Mill Wright TN
      Elizabeth 46 TN
      Mary J. 19 AL
      James 17 AL
      Malinda J. 15 AL
      Thomas 12 AL
      Lowry D. 10 AL
      Nancy 8 AL
      Paralee 6 AL

      1850 Dist 19 Jackson Co. AL
      Thomas Pain 35 Farmer TN
      Elizabeth 35 TN
      William 13 AL
      Christiana 12 AL
      Mary 10 AL
      James 8 AL
      Malinda 5 AL
      Thomas 3 AL
      Lourcy (Lowry) 0 AL
      William Pain 16 Farmer TN
      Mary Pain 58 NC

      Thomas Pain Sr m. Mrs. Mary Busby 18 Nov 1875 Jackson Co. AL

      1880 Beat 1 and 2 Jackson Co. AL
      Thomas Payne 62 Self Farmer TN TN TN
      Mary S. 52 Wife Keeping House TN KY VA
      Acena Busby 22 StepDau At Home AL AL TN
      Daniel C. Busby 17 StepSon Farmer AL AL TN

      Could not find a marriage record for Paralee Payne and could not find her on the 1880 census.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 11 , May 18, 2011
        The Cagle Journal referred to a Charles Cagle living in Franklin County TN and lived next to Davy Crocket. Crocket live just east of Huntland TN next to beans creek.

        Bill Cagle

          Is the Cagle Journal available on the internet?

          Message 4 of 11 , May 18, 2011
            The Journal was printed back in the 90's by John Cagle from Arkansas. I do not know why it stopped but he had more info on the Cagle's than anyone. I took his paper for may years. He had a lot of info on "the Cagle's of Paint Rock Valley". This is my line and we talked many times when he was active with the paper

            Bill Cagle

            Is the Cagle Journal available on the internet?

            The Cagle Journal referred to a Charles Cagle living in Franklin County TN and lived next to Davy Crocket. Crocket live just east of Huntland TN next to beans creek.

            Bill Cagle

              Have you tried the TN Archives and/or the library in Jackson?

              Message 6 of 11 , May 18, 2011
                Thanks for the info. I don't live close to Jackson but may be able to try the TN archives.  My Cagle line is from GA but thought there might be a connection.
              • Linda
                Message 7 of 11 , May 19, 2011
                  I have a June Dobbins who married a Cagle in my family line. would you happen to have any info on her?

                • cagle8185@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 19, 2011
                    Check, Cagle genealogy

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 20, 2011
                      All, If you are looking for the info, type in "cagle journal by john g. cagle".

                      Bill Cagle

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 20, 2011
                        After referring you to the Cagle Journal, I started looking through some of the info. Ancestry has info on Charles b. 1817 but the info is misleading when it gets to Valentine Cagle Jr. and his off spring. Valentine Jr. had a son named Henry and another named Valentine III. Both of these sons had sons named Valentine so there were two Valentine Cagles about the same age in the same area. Ancestry is showing Valentine buried in Deer Head Cove, Dekab County and this is true but this is not the "Valentine Cagle's of the Paint Rock Valley" refered to by John G. Cagle, in his journal. I have had personal contact, with John, on this issue and he agreed. This can also be verified in Face book records in Southern Claims Comission Rcords.

                        Bill Cagle