Re: [jacksongenealogy] John M Morgan's spouse Margaret Snodgrass

  • Delilah
    Message 1 of 26 , May 17, 2011
      can you scan it to me also -
      delilah evans
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: billy hill
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 12:29 AM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] John M Morgan's spouse Margaret Snodgrass

      annette, where did you find the heritage of jackson county book and is it
      available? billy hill
    • Roger Burbank
      Message 2 of 26 , May 17, 2011
        Hi, how about info on Mccutchens, Vanns and Williams families.  Roger

        annette, where did you find the heritage of jackson county book and is it
        available? billy hill

      • Pat Foster
        Message 3 of 26 , May 17, 2011
          Might I suggest you check with a monument maker to see what they recommend.

          Maybe even check with more than one person. Some are more creative/better
          than others sometimes.

          Pat

          In Oklahoma

            > annette, where did you find the heritage of jackson county book and is it
            > available? billy hill

            Deliah, please reply directly to me abradford@... and send me your
            email address. The attachment is 18MB and if you have reason to believe
            that your service provider will reject a file that big, please send me
            your hardcopy address and I will mail you the file on CD.

            Annette

          • Roger Burbank
            Message 5 of 26 , May 18, 2011
              Heritage Jackson Co. Book- can anyone tell me if Mccutchen, Williams, Vann families are in it? Samuel Williams was only Samuel in Jackson Co. his son was George W. Williams, George married Nancy D. Van. Their daughter Martha Ann Williams married Calvin Walker Mccutchen, he was son of Joseph Mccutchen and Mary Tabitha Carothers. Joseph's Father was Col. John Mccutchen,one of the founders of first Baptist Church in Huntsville. Rog

              > annette, where did you find the heritage of jackson county book and is it
              > available? billy hill

              Deliah, please reply directly to me abradford@... and send me your
              email address. The attachment is 18MB and if you have reason to believe
              that your service provider will reject a file that big, please send me
              your hardcopy address and I will mail you the file on CD.

              Annette

            • phyllis jordan
              Message 6 of 26 , May 18, 2011
                Heritage Jackson Co. Book- can anyone tell me if Mccutchen, Williams, Vann families are in it? Samuel Williams was only Samuel in Jackson Co. his son was George W. Williams, George married Nancy D. Van. Their daughter Martha Ann Williams married Calvin Walker Mccutchen, he was son of Joseph Mccutchen and Mary Tabitha Carothers. Joseph's Father was Col. John Mccutchen,one of the founders of first Baptist Church in Huntsville. Rog
              • Annette Norris Bradford
                Message 7 of 26 , May 18, 2011
                  On 5/18/2011 2:48 PM, phyllis jordan wrote:

> [...]
                  Roger, there is a sketch about John Hogan McCutchen and Lucretia Edward
                  King McCutchen; one about John McCutchen, Revolutionary War Hero; one
                  about John McCutchen 1755-1835; one about John McCutchen, Revolutionary
                  patriot; one about John Wesley and Tabitha Caruthers McCutchen; one
                  about Maclin Morris and Mary Malinda Norwood McCutchen. There is
                  nothing on the Vann family. There is a sketch on Ephriam C. Williams;
                  Luit John W. Williams, Francis Marion Williams, James Williams son of
                  Sherrod, John William Williams, husband of Margaret Carden, Phillip
                  Williams, Richard Arthur Williams; Sherrod Williams' descendents, and
                  William Maclin Williams.

                  If you tell me which of these you care about, I will try to scan and
                  send to you.

                  Annette

                • Roger Burbank
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 18, 2011
                    Hi Annette, thankyou so much. The Mccutchens are mine. Though Joseph Mccutchen was married to Mary Tabitha Carothers? could be a typo with John. John 1755-1835 is my 5th great grandfather, the boys are his sons. I would appreciate copies of the Mccutchen info. I'm surprised the book did not mention Samuel Williams, he was a hugh land owner and is buried in Dodson Cemetery along with other relatives.  Samuel is my 5th also. I believe his land was by the rail tracks.  I have just purchased the Family maps by Boyd of Jackson and Madison co. I can copy any map anyone needs.  These maps show farms and have the name of owner in middle of plot, also shows graveyards, creeks, rivers.  Thanks for your help.  Roger

                  • Waynette Davis
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 2, 2011
                      Regina, are there many old unmarked graves there at the Hollywood Baptist
                      Cemetery?

                      Do the graves go back earlier than 1850,s or 60's?

                      Is it the same as Center Point Cemetery?

                      I am looking for 1850's or 60's KING gravestones, particularly William and
                      Sarah born 1796 and 1797 respectively.

                      Waynette Davis

                    • Clay Gullatt
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 4, 2011
                        Waynette

                        Center Point's first known burial was Johnson Harrison in 1874.

                        Old Baptist at Hollywood (Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church) was established in 1819 and has over a 1000 graves many are very old and some marked with hand made stones that are unreadable.

                        Both Cemeteries are still in use today.

                        Go to our group home website and click on FILES scroll down to MegaCemJacksonAll click on this using the Find feature under Edit enter Old Baptist there are three sections, click on one, then using the Find feature you can search the names in the cemetery.

                        You can use the Find feature when you first open the File enter a name and search through all the cemeteries for that name.

                        Clay

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 5, 2011
                          Clay,
                          Is Old Baptist at Hollywood the same cemetery once known as "Price"?
                          Cyn Robbins

                          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

                          > Waynette
                          >
                          > Center Point's first known burial was Johnson Harrison in 1874.
                          >
                          > Old Baptist at Hollywood (Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church) was established in 1819 and has over a 1000 graves many are very old and some marked with hand made stones that are unreadable.
                          >
                          > Both Cemeteries are still in use today.
                          >
                          > Go to our group home website and click on FILES scroll down to MegaCemJacksonAll click on this using the Find feature under Edit enter Old Baptist there are three sections, click on one, then using the Find feature you can search the names in the cemetery.
                          >
                          > You can use the Find feature when you first open the File enter a name and search through all the cemeteries for that name.
                          >
                          > Clay

                        • Clay Gullatt
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jun 5, 2011
                            No. According to the MegaCem File and the list from University of AL, Price Cemetery is at Lakeview Church which is just Northeast of Mudcreek. It has over 1000 graves, first know interment was Lucy Jane (Ivey) Holder in 1886. The majority are from the 1940s to the present.

                            Clay

                            Is Old Baptist at Hollywood the same cemetery once known as "Price"?
                            Cyn Robbins

                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

                            > Waynette
                            >
                            > Center Point's first known burial was Johnson Harrison in 1874.
                            >
                            > Old Baptist at Hollywood (Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church) was established in 1819 and has over a 1000 graves many are very old and some marked with hand made stones that are unreadable.
                            >
                            > Both Cemeteries are still in use today.
                            >
                            > Go to our group home website and click on FILES scroll down to MegaCemJacksonAll click on this using the Find feature under Edit enter Old Baptist there are three sections, click on one, then using the Find feature you can search the names in the cemetery.
                            >
                            > You can use the Find feature when you first open the File enter a name and search through all the cemeteries for that name.
                            >
                            > Clay

                          • Waynette Davis
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jun 10, 2011
                              Thanks for your directions on finding persons in cemeteries and
                              clarification on different Old Baptist Cemeteries.

                              Waynette