Charles Cagle

  • beachblond32413
    Message 1 of 11 , May 17, 2011
      I am looking for information on Charles Cagle, born 1837 and married a Paralee, Paralie and Paroler Payne, she was born in 1854. I am unable to find much if any information on this family. I am researching my husbands side of the family - Payne.
    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 11 , May 17, 2011
        1900 Bolivar, Jackson Co. AL
        Charles Cagle Head Dec 1836 63 mar.17yrs TN TN TN Farmer
        Parolee Wife Feb 1855 45 mar.17yrs 2children/2living AL AL AL
        Annie Dau Jun 1886 14 AL
        Talley Son Mar 1889 11 AL
        Lizzie Paye Niece July 1878 21 TN AL AL

        I believe this is a second marriage for Charles Cagle. From the marriage records he first
        married Mahala T. Farris 19 Aug 1860.

        1880 (Township 2 Range 8) Dist. 105 Stevenson, Jackson Co. AL
        Charlie Cagle 48 Self Farmer TN TN TN
        Mahala 36 Wife Keeping House AL AL AL
        Thomas 16 Son Farm Labor TN
        John 13 Son Farm Labor TN
        George 10 Son TN
        Olivia 7 Dau AL
        Sarah 5 Dau TN
        Charlie 1 Son AL

        From birth place for his children he moved back and forth from TN to AL. He was in TN
        for the 1870 but I have not found them.

        1870 Dist 1 SubDiv 1 (Bridgeport) Jackson Co. AL
        Thos L. Payne 56 Blacksmith TN
        Mary P. 29 Keeping House AL
        Lowary D. 20 Works on Farm AL
        Nancy C. 18 At Home AL
        Paralee E. 16 At Home AL

        1860 (Bridgeport) Dist 1 Jackson Co. AL
        Thomas Payne 46 Mill Wright TN
        Elizabeth 46 TN
        Mary J. 19 AL
        James 17 AL
        Malinda J. 15 AL
        Thomas 12 AL
        Lowry D. 10 AL
        Nancy 8 AL
        Paralee 6 AL

        1850 Dist 19 Jackson Co. AL
        Thomas Pain 35 Farmer TN
        Elizabeth 35 TN
        William 13 AL
        Christiana 12 AL
        Mary 10 AL
        James 8 AL
        Malinda 5 AL
        Thomas 3 AL
        Lourcy (Lowry) 0 AL
        William Pain 16 Farmer TN
        Mary Pain 58 NC

        Thomas Pain Sr m. Mrs. Mary Busby 18 Nov 1875 Jackson Co. AL

        1880 Beat 1 and 2 Jackson Co. AL
        Thomas Payne 62 Self Farmer TN TN TN
        Mary S. 52 Wife Keeping House TN KY VA
        Acena Busby 22 StepDau At Home AL AL TN
        Daniel C. Busby 17 StepSon Farmer AL AL TN

        Could not find a marriage record for Paralee Payne and could not find her on the 1880 census.

        Clay

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 18, 2011
          The Cagle Journal referred to a Charles Cagle living in Franklin County TN and lived next to Davy Crocket. Crocket live just east of Huntland TN next to beans creek.

          Bill Cagle

            Is the Cagle Journal available on the internet?

            Message 5 of 11 , May 18, 2011
              The Journal was printed back in the 90's by John Cagle from Arkansas. I do not know why it stopped but he had more info on the Cagle's than anyone. I took his paper for may years. He had a lot of info on "the Cagle's of Paint Rock Valley". This is my line and we talked many times when he was active with the paper

              Bill Cagle

              Is the Cagle Journal available on the internet?

              The Cagle Journal referred to a Charles Cagle living in Franklin County TN and lived next to Davy Crocket. Crocket live just east of Huntland TN next to beans creek.

              Bill Cagle

                Have you tried the TN Archives and/or the library in Jackson?

                Message 7 of 11 , May 18, 2011
                  Thanks for the info. I don't live close to Jackson but may be able to try the TN archives.  My Cagle line is from GA but thought there might be a connection.
                • Linda
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 19, 2011
                    I have a June Dobbins who married a Cagle in my family line. would you happen to have any info on her?

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 19, 2011
                      Check, Cagle genealogy

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 20, 2011
                        All, If you are looking for the info, type in "cagle journal by john g. cagle".

                        Bill Cagle

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 20, 2011
                          After referring you to the Cagle Journal, I started looking through some of the info. Ancestry has info on Charles b. 1817 but the info is misleading when it gets to Valentine Cagle Jr. and his off spring. Valentine Jr. had a son named Henry and another named Valentine III. Both of these sons had sons named Valentine so there were two Valentine Cagles about the same age in the same area. Ancestry is showing Valentine buried in Deer Head Cove, Dekab County and this is true but this is not the "Valentine Cagle's of the Paint Rock Valley" refered to by John G. Cagle, in his journal. I have had personal contact, with John, on this issue and he agreed. This can also be verified in Face book records in Southern Claims Comission Rcords.

                          Bill Cagle