Moderated Posts at Jackson Genealogy

  • Clay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2011
      Beginning immediately all posts must now be approved by the a Moderator. This may result in a delay in your messages being posted to the Group. This change is necessary because of the currect spat of spam messages. The spammers are apparently using a worm/virus to mine your email address file and spam everyone on it. And it does this more than one time. This has happened to me and could be done to any of us. Other than running your virus program everyday and being careful of any attachment or links you click on I have no advise on how to aviod them. We hope to return to the previous unmoderated posts if and when this dies down. It is not just our Group that this is happening to but numerous other genealogy groups. Continue to post your messages as before and either Richard or I will approve them and send them on to the group. If you have any questions send them directly to Richard or me at our personal email address.

      Clay Gullatt
      Moderator