Lewis Green descendants in Jackson County?

  • Pat Foster
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      Hello to all list members!

      I'm a new member.

      I connect to Jackson County thru my gg grandfather, Lewis Green.

      He received land in 1831-location indicates the land is near Rash, Alabama.

      Information has been very hard to find about Lewis and his family.

      He was in Missouri by 1847 where/when my g grandfather, Marion was born.

      There is no wife on the 1850 census with him.

      AND

      I descend from the RUSSELLs with connections to the Russell Cave.

      My g grandfather is John Melvin Russell b in NC, d in Arkansas.

      His father was James Russell who married Sarah Cabe.

      James's father was Mathew Russell, Jr.

      And, then, of course, Matthew Sr.

      Pat Foster

      In Oklahoma