Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Are You Active Duty/Retired Military or a Dependent? Free Ancestry/Footnote/HeritageQuest

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
      This comes up  a lot on the military websites.  There is nothing wrong with their security certificates your virus program just does not recognize the military ones.

      Go ahead and click on where it says that you want to proceed anyway. That is the only way you will get to the website. The website is not infected with a virus.

      Again, you must be enrolled in DEERS to register at the website.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
        Footnote, World Vital Records, and Ancestry are some of the websites offered
        free at local LDS Family History Centers. Local public libraries also have
        some free genealogy websites.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011

            Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System. This is only for Active Duty, Reserve and Retired Military personnel and their families. This is used mainly for medical and other benefits due to Military Service.

            Left out our Military Reserve personnel of the list before and the Military Medically Retired.

            If you are not entered in DEERS you can not register at the  e-library website.

            Clay

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
              I don't suppose my brother or uncle would make me qualified, would it?

              Thanks for this information, however.

              T'Lene