Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Are You Active Duty/Retired Military or a Dependent? Free Ancestry/Footnote/HeritageQuest

  • Pam Furlong
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
      when i try to go in it a red security thing come up and said that have or been a
      virus
      in it..Pam F.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
        This comes up  a lot on the military websites.  There is nothing wrong with their security certificates your virus program just does not recognize the military ones.

        Go ahead and click on where it says that you want to proceed anyway. That is the only way you will get to the website. The website is not infected with a virus.

        Again, you must be enrolled in DEERS to register at the website.

        Clay

        I am unable to get into the website, it said that there was a problem with the security certificate.
        Have a great day - Barbara

      • Delilah
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
          I belong to FOOTNOTE, ANCESTRY and probably some more, when I see that they are offering free days, I let people know, but it is mostly a paid database, they may lure you in with offers of free days but you have to go on to other places where you have to pay for the rest of it - as for the virus thing, I would run my virus scan, those big databases are supposed to have protection, and if I can look for something on the things I belong to I will -
          delilah

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
            Footnote, World Vital Records, and Ancestry are some of the websites offered
            free at local LDS Family History Centers. Local public libraries also have
            some free genealogy websites.

            a Dependent? Free Ancestry/Footnote/HeritageQuest

            >I belong to FOOTNOTE, ANCESTRY and probably some more, when I see that they
            >are offering free days, I let people know, but it is mostly a paid
            >database, they may lure you in with offers of free days but you have to go
            >on to other places where you have to pay for the rest of it - as for the
            >virus thing, I would run my virus scan, those big databases are supposed to
            >have protection, and if I can look for something on the things I belong to
            >I will -
            > delilah

          • T'Lene

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011

                Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System. This is only for Active Duty, Reserve and Retired Military personnel and their families. This is used mainly for medical and other benefits due to Military Service.

                Left out our Military Reserve personnel of the list before and the Military Medically Retired.

                If you are not entered in DEERS you can not register at the  e-library website.

                Clay

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
                  I don't suppose my brother or uncle would make me qualified, would it?

                  Thanks for this information, however.

                  T'Lene