Re: [jacksongenealogy] Are You Active Duty/Retired Military or a Dependent? F...

  • Delilah
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
      https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

      this is from the web site
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: FIronssr@...
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Are You Active Duty/Retired Military or a Dependent? F...

      In a message dated 4/2/2011 6:37:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      esleslie@... writes:

      http://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

      CORRECT ONE YOU LEFT THE s OUT OF THE https
      https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

    • Robert S. Duggan, Jr.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
        Regretfully, I'm also unable to access https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/ .

        Bob (LCDR-USNR-Retired) in Stone Mountain, GA

        Robert S. (Bob) Duggan, Jr.
        r.duggan@...
        (home page) http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/d/rduggan2/
        (genealogy) http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~duggan/
      • Delilah
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
          I got to the site and it says their security may not be good, plus you have to have a name and password
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
            There is nothing wrong with their security, it will say that for whatever military website you visit.

            Again, you MUST be enrolled in DEERS to register for access to the e-library.

            To be enrolled in DEERS you must be eithe Active Duty/Reserve/Retired Military or one of their dependents in order to register at the website, when you click on Register the website will ask for your DEERS info which is your name, birthdate and SSN. It will then generated a user name for you.

            Again if you are not military or a military dependent enrolled in DEERS you can not Register.

            Clay

            > security may not be good, plus you have to have a name and
            > password

          • Delilah
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
              I'm all that, so how do I register?
              delilah
              There is nothing wrong with their security, it will say that for whatever military website you visit.

              Again, you MUST be enrolled in DEERS to register for access to the e-library.

              To be enrolled in DEERS you must be eithe Active Duty/Reserve/Retired Military or one of their dependents in order to register at the website, when you click on Register the website will ask for your DEERS info which is your name, birthdate and SSN. It will then generated a user name for you.

              Again if you are not military or a military dependent enrolled in DEERS you can not Register.

              Clay

              > security may not be good, plus you have to have a name and
              > password

            • frances1 tds.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
                I called this morning because I filled out the form and they validated it
                with Deers but I couldn't get into e-library. The reason my husband is
                retired Air Force and you hav e to have an active duty Navy person to
                sponsor you. The man that answered my call was a retired air force and was
                working as a contractor, so he couldn,t sponosr me. Then I googled the Air
                Force Data base. They do have a genealogy set up, but couldn,t understand
                the process to use it. Maybe Clay can find out more for us Air Force people.
                Thanks Clay for all your help. Frances

                On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Delilah <diamond6468@...> wrote:

                > I'm all that, so how do I register?
                > delilah

              • Clay Gullatt
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 5, 2011
                  Frances

                  Sorry, I could not access the Air Force website.

                  Clay