Re: [jacksongenealogy] Are You Active Duty/Retired Military or a Dependent? F...

  • FIronssr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2011
      In a message dated 4/2/2011 6:37:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      esleslie@... writes:

      http://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

      CORRECT ONE YOU LEFT THE s OUT OF THE https
      https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2011
        Always do, that's why I give what to google, old age, sigh(:

        Clay
        esleslie@... writes:

        https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

        CORRECT ONE YOU LEFT THE s OUT OF THE https
        https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

      • Delilah
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
          https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

          this is from the web site
          esleslie@... writes:

          http://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

          CORRECT ONE YOU LEFT THE s OUT OF THE https
          https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/

        • Robert S. Duggan, Jr.
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
            Regretfully, I'm also unable to access https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/ .

            Bob (LCDR-USNR-Retired) in Stone Mountain, GA

            Robert S. (Bob) Duggan, Jr.
            r.duggan@...
            (home page) http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/d/rduggan2/
            (genealogy) http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~duggan/
          • Delilah
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
              I got to the site and it says their security may not be good, plus you have to have a name and password
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
                There is nothing wrong with their security, it will say that for whatever military website you visit.

                Again, you MUST be enrolled in DEERS to register for access to the e-library.

                To be enrolled in DEERS you must be eithe Active Duty/Reserve/Retired Military or one of their dependents in order to register at the website, when you click on Register the website will ask for your DEERS info which is your name, birthdate and SSN. It will then generated a user name for you.

                Again if you are not military or a military dependent enrolled in DEERS you can not Register.

                Clay

                > security may not be good, plus you have to have a name and
                > password

              • Delilah
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
                  I'm all that, so how do I register?
                  delilah
                  There is nothing wrong with their security, it will say that for whatever military website you visit.

                  Again, you MUST be enrolled in DEERS to register for access to the e-library.

                  To be enrolled in DEERS you must be eithe Active Duty/Reserve/Retired Military or one of their dependents in order to register at the website, when you click on Register the website will ask for your DEERS info which is your name, birthdate and SSN. It will then generated a user name for you.

                  Again if you are not military or a military dependent enrolled in DEERS you can not Register.

                  Clay

                  > security may not be good, plus you have to have a name and
                  > password

                • frances1 tds.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2011
                    I called this morning because I filled out the form and they validated it
                    with Deers but I couldn't get into e-library. The reason my husband is
                    retired Air Force and you hav e to have an active duty Navy person to
                    sponsor you. The man that answered my call was a retired air force and was
                    working as a contractor, so he couldn,t sponosr me. Then I googled the Air
                    Force Data base. They do have a genealogy set up, but couldn,t understand
                    the process to use it. Maybe Clay can find out more for us Air Force people.
                    Thanks Clay for all your help. Frances

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 5, 2011
                      Frances

                      Sorry, I could not access the Air Force website.

                      Clay