Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War Record Access

  • Roger Burbank
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2 4:38 PM
      Footnotes offers 7 day free trials, in that time I copied 7 files of ancestors in Civil and Rev. war.  Roger

      From: Roger Burbank <burby9@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 2:06 PM

      Hi, I called footnote.com, they said ancestry does not have everything they have. I offered 59.99 instead of 80 dollars and they took it for. They took less last year also. Roger

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 3 5:54 AM
        I belong to footnote and have found very much info in SCC.

        Bill Cagle

        Hi, I called footnote.com, they said ancestry does not have everything they have. I offered 59.99 instead of 80 dollars and they took it for. They took less last year also. Roger

        > This sounds like the records they acquired when they
        > purchased footnote.com.
        >
        > Do you know what will happen with those of us who
        > subscribed to footnote?
        >
        > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
        > From: altafae@...
        > Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:53:35 -0700
        > Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War
        > Record Access

        > Not only Civil War, but also the 1860
        > and 1870 census.
        >

        > Free access week is coming April 7-14th.
        >

        > Don't miss out on this chance to search millions of Civil
        > War era records,
        >
        > including the 1860 and 1870 U.S. censuses, free for one
        > week. Save the date
        >
        > - and you just might find your own Civil War story.

      • Waynette Davis
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 5 6:31 PM
          Is the free access to civil war era and 1860 and 1870 census on Ancestry.com
          for the week of April 7th through April 14th, for members at this time or
          for anyone?

        • Clay Gullatt
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 5 6:38 PM
            For anyone.

            Clay

            Is the free access to civil war era and 1860 and 1870 census on Ancestry.com
            for the week of April 7th through April 14th, for members at this time or
            for anyone?

          • Karl Plenge
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 5 6:38 PM
              > Is the free access to civil war era and 1860 and 1870 census on Ancestry.com
              for the week of April 7th through April 14th, for members at this time or
              for anyone?

              I interpreted it to mean for everyone.

            • Stephen Dean
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 5 8:43 PM
                Please un-subscribe me for a while.............I'm not doing research on the web.
                Thanks for all the past help.....it has been indespensible.

                Stephen Dean

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 8 6:28 PM
                  How do you access Ancestry. Com for a free 7 day access to the Civil War era
                  records? I only see where to sign up for regular 2 week free trail with
                  credit card. Do you have to call them? Or is this really an April Fool?
                  Please tell me how if it's real.

                • Karl Plenge
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 8 8:10 PM
                    > How do you access Ancestry. Com for a free 7 day access to the Civil War era
                    records? I only see where to sign up for regular 2 week free trail with
                    credit card. Do you have to call them? Or is this really an April Fool?
                    Please tell me how if it's real.

                    If you just go to www.ancestry.com, there is a square on the right-hand side that Free Access Week. Click on Search Now.

                  • Waynette Davis
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 9 2:39 PM
                      Thanks for inf on free access to civil war era .