Footnote and Ancestry records

  • Evelyn Leslie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011
      I finally decided after 20-odd years of genealogy research to subscribe to Ancestry this past January. I have subscribed to Footnote for several years, so I decided to call Ancestry to set up my account with them rather than doing it online so I could ask about their Footnote plans. According to the answers I got that day, Ancestry has no plans to combine the records from Footnote with the ones on Ancestry (which is not to say that won't change in the future.) I paid $59.00 for my Footnote subscription several years ago and that's what I still pay yearly by paying early. Footnote has very complete Civil War records including pensions, etc. They also have all the Dawes records and the Eastern Cherokee Applications among others for those of us doing American Indian research and has been well worth the cost to me.
      Evelyn S. Leslie