RE: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War Record Access

  • Jimmie Ryan
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2011
      Not only Civil War, but also the 1860 and 1870 census.

      Free access week is coming April 7-14th.

      Don't miss out on this chance to search millions of Civil War era records,
      including the 1860 and 1870 U.S. censuses, free for one week. Save the date
      - and you just might find your own Civil War story.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2011
        This sounds like the records they acquired when they purchased footnote.com.

        Do you know what will happen with those of us who subscribed to footnote?

        To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2011
          Hi, I called footnote.com, they said ancestry does not have everything they have. I offered 59.99 instead of 80 dollars and they took it for. They took less last year also. Roger

          > This sounds like the records they acquired when they
          > purchased footnote.com.
          >
          > Do you know what will happen with those of us who
          > subscribed to footnote?
          >
          > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          > From: altafae@...
          > Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:53:35 -0700
          > Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War
          > Record Access

          >       Not only Civil War, but also the 1860
          > and 1870 census.
          >

          > Free access week is coming April 7-14th.
          >

          > Don't miss out on this chance to search millions of Civil
          > War era records,
          >
          > including the 1860 and 1870 U.S. censuses, free for one
          > week. Save the date
          >
          > - and you just might find your own Civil War story.

        • John Cook
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2011
               Until lately, I subscribed to footnote.com by the month; overall a bit more expensive, but, if I didn't need it, or couldn't pay, I would just cancel it. Yes, they have the images of the Confederate service records; often also letters, receipts, and even receipts given to private citizens and businesses by the Confederate government. It is extremely interesting. I don't think that ancestry.com has any of that, except for the southern claims images. And footnote.com has so much more, and definitely I encourage  people to try it out.
                                                                                                                 John

            Hi, I called footnote.com, they said ancestry does not have everything they have. I offered 59.99 instead of 80 dollars and they took it for. They took less last year also. Roger

            > This sounds like the records they acquired when they
            > purchased footnote.com.
            >
            > Do you know what will happen with those of us who
            > subscribed to footnote?
            >
            > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
            > From: altafae@...
            > Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:53:35 -0700
            > Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War
            > Record Access

            >       Not only Civil War, but also the 1860
            > and 1870 census.
            >

            > Free access week is coming April 7-14th.
            >

            > Don't miss out on this chance to search millions of Civil
            > War era records,
            >
            > including the 1860 and 1870 U.S. censuses, free for one
            > week. Save the date
            >
            > - and you just might find your own Civil War story.

          • T'Lene
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2011
              Thanks to all. I had never known of footnote.com. Evidently, I've been hiding under a rock.

              T'Lene

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2, 2011
                Footnotes offers 7 day free trials, in that time I copied 7 files of ancestors in Civil and Rev. war.  Roger

              • cagle8185@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 3, 2011
                  I belong to footnote and have found very much info in SCC.

                  Bill Cagle

                  Hi, I called footnote.com, they said ancestry does not have everything they have. I offered 59.99 instead of 80 dollars and they took it for. They took less last year also. Roger

                  > This sounds like the records they acquired when they
                  > purchased footnote.com.
                  >
                  > Do you know what will happen with those of us who
                  > subscribed to footnote?
                  >
                  > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: altafae@...
                  > Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:53:35 -0700
                  > Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestry Free Civil War
                  > Record Access

                  > Not only Civil War, but also the 1860
                  > and 1870 census.
                  >

                  > Free access week is coming April 7-14th.
                  >

                  > Don't miss out on this chance to search millions of Civil
                  > War era records,
                  >
                  > including the 1860 and 1870 U.S. censuses, free for one
                  > week. Save the date
                  >
                  > - and you just might find your own Civil War story.

                • Waynette Davis
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 5, 2011
                    Is the free access to civil war era and 1860 and 1870 census on Ancestry.com
                    for the week of April 7th through April 14th, for members at this time or
                    for anyone?

                  • Clay Gullatt
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 5, 2011
                      For anyone.

                      Clay

                      Is the free access to civil war era and 1860 and 1870 census on Ancestry.com
                      for the week of April 7th through April 14th, for members at this time or
                      for anyone?

                    • Karl Plenge
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 5, 2011
                        > Is the free access to civil war era and 1860 and 1870 census on Ancestry.com
                        for the week of April 7th through April 14th, for members at this time or
                        for anyone?

                        I interpreted it to mean for everyone.

                      • Stephen Dean
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 5, 2011
                          Please un-subscribe me for a while.............I'm not doing research on the web.
                          Thanks for all the past help.....it has been indespensible.

                          Stephen Dean

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 8, 2011
                            How do you access Ancestry. Com for a free 7 day access to the Civil War era
                            records? I only see where to sign up for regular 2 week free trail with
                            credit card. Do you have to call them? Or is this really an April Fool?
                            Please tell me how if it's real.

                          • Karl Plenge
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 8, 2011
                              > How do you access Ancestry. Com for a free 7 day access to the Civil War era
                              records? I only see where to sign up for regular 2 week free trail with
                              credit card. Do you have to call them? Or is this really an April Fool?
                              Please tell me how if it's real.

                              If you just go to www.ancestry.com, there is a square on the right-hand side that Free Access Week. Click on Search Now.

                            • Waynette Davis
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 9, 2011
                                Thanks for inf on free access to civil war era .