2005 and 2010 reunion pictures

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011
      I've posted a link on the Remembering Scottsboro page with a bunch of pictures from a 2005 reunion and a 2010 reunion in Scottsboro.

      There are pictures of the following:

      Sauta town (cow field), Sauta Cave, Pisgah Cemetery, Robertson Cemetery, the John McCutchen Rev. War Rifle, Edward Cotton McCutchen conductor's lantern, the Blue
      Willow, the Heritage Center, Kennamer Trading Post, Pisgah Cemetery,
      Cathedral Caverns, Robertson Cemetery, and the the DAR School at Grant.

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-Scottsboro-and-Jackson-County-Al/119337751470613

      The Revolutionary War rifle is in a cousin's possession in Huntsville and belonged to John McCutchen (1755-1835) who is buried at Robertson Cemetery.  The conductor's lantern belongs to another cousin and there is a interesting story behind it.  In the late 1800's Edward Cotton McCutchen was sent out west to battle consumption and the doctors told him he would not live.  His brother tried to escort him home to see his family but Edward died on the train.  The conductor had the glass etched with Edward's initials for the family.  Edward Cotton McCutchen was a young man and was engaged to a Berith Stuart who went on to marry a Stubbs and is buried in Knoxville, Tn.  I have her picture (name was actually spelled Berith) and a poem written on his death signed John Marvis' sister.   I was never figured out who John Marvis or his sister were.