Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ruhama Green and John Riddle

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11 10:47 AM
      John, was she the sister of your grandfather or ggggrandfather. The Ruhana Green that married John Riddle had oldest daughter named Mary Riddle and her only daughter was Eliza and Eliza was raised by John and Ruhama because Mary died when she was only 8 years old. Her father was in the pen, at this time, for killing a man and Eliza lived with John and Ruhama part time and was let out to other families, as a "house girl". She was recorded as "Eliza Riddle" but this was not her given name.

      Eliza married Joe Stovall and their oldest daughter was Rosa Stovall and was my grandmother. I am 70 years old (young) and I know you said you were retired, so the grandfather sounds like you are older or reincarnated (just joking).

      For other info to who ever may read this, My grandmother, Rosa Stovall was the older sister of "Cat Stovall". Folks in Paint Rock Valley new "Cat" as the biggest bootlegger in the area.

      I do not know if "Cat" and his grandfather were ever in the pin at the same time but it was very possible because of their lifestyle.

      Just remember one thing, John, these folks are also your kin to you. Good or bad me must love um all.

      Cuz, Bill