Re: [jacksongenealogy] Eli Riddle and Elizabeth Howard

  • John Cook
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8 10:12 PM
        My 4th great grandmother was Mary Riddle; she married James Watson Cook, and from Franklin county, Tennessee, they ended up in DeKalb Co.. It has been guessed that Mary Riddle was the daughter of Randolph Riddle and Jimima Hawkins, but there has not been any documentation of that. If anyone has any information, or ideas, I really would appreciate it.
                                                                                                                     John Cook

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9 5:43 AM
        John,

        This is like my Valentine Cagle. Three generations I, II, & III named Valentine and a first cuz of Val. III, named Valentine confused a lot of folks. Henry Cagle was the brother of Valentine II and named one of his sons Valentine. This Valentine is buried in deer head cove in DeCab county and some folks think he was the same as Valentine III because of the age but this is not correct.

        Mary was a common name for Riddle, Green and Stoval.

        Bill Cagle

        My 4th great grandmother was Mary Riddle; she married James Watson Cook, and from Franklin county, Tennessee, they ended up in DeKalb Co.. It has been guessed that Mary Riddle was the daughter of Randolph Riddle and Jimima Hawkins, but there has not been any documentation of that. If anyone has any information, or ideas, I really would appreciate it.
        John Cook

        Eli Riddle m. Elizabeth Howard 25 Sep 1858 Madison County AL.

        On the 1850 Elizbeth Howard age 19 is listed as the dau of Jno and Catherine Howard Dist. 34 Madison County AL.

      • John Green
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9 3:36 PM
          Bill,

          Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I haven't checked my e-mail for a few days. The other responses gave you more info than I had on the lady. She was mostly a name on the family tree. Thanks for helping me fill in.

          Clay, you are correct, Ruhamina (or however it was really spelled) was the daughter of William H. Green and Charlotte McCollum Green. The descriptions of the "Documents of Charlotte McCollum" I posted on this site earlier deal with the collection of old documents that she saved.

          John

        • cagle8185@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10 5:06 AM
            Thanks, Cuz & Clay

            When I have some time I will pass on the story about Mary Riddle and Elisa, which were my gggrandmother and ggrandmother.

            Bill Cagle

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12 3:25 AM
              John, after thinking about your grandfather and Ruhama Green I now see the light. Mary Riddle was first born and so was Eliza. Rosa was first born to Eliza & Joe. My father was Rosa's first born and so was I. In those days folks started early and had large families and could be 30 year span from first born to last. This was the case, I know, with Eliza & Joe because my father was older than two of his aunt and uncle.

              I am a little slow but if something gets on my mind I have to work it out.

              Cuz Bill

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 12 11:03 AM
                Bill,

                My grandfather was Charlie Cleveland Green (10/24/1884 - 11/28/1955, Ruhama's brother. The only other sibling that I know is James F. Green who married Eula Fee Kroger.

                John