Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Precincts 1890 and 1900 + 1880 Census

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 8, 2011
      Clay,

      John M. Green should have interests in this info and lack of info. John (Pig) Riddle married Ruhama Green and lived up in Puncheon Cove (Larkin Fork/Harmony) area. They had a large log home at Riddle Spring Branch. They moved to Florida early 1900s and shown on 1930 Cen. report in Fla. John was 67 and Ruhama was 60 that year.

      Elvis Green gave me a picture of them and we agree with the relationship from then until now but I do not have much info before then.

      A Ruhama Green is shown, in Ohio, in 1860 and was 1 year old. Father was D. J. Green and wife Martha. The age is off by 10 years.

      John,

      Do you have info on Rehama?

      Bill Cagle

      From: cagle8185@... <cagle8185@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Census Districts/Precincts
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, February 4, 2011, 8:21 AM

      Thanks Clay,

      I am trying to use BLM, census and old home sites to see who was who and the location they lived. Some of the old chimneys are still there and I recall many more that are now gone.

      The area, on Larkin Fork, between Larkin and Francisco was called Harmonious or Harmony on the old maps. This is the "town" I am trying to rebuild. Do you or Ann have any info on this area?

      Thanks again
      Bill Cagle

      From: cagle8185@... <cagle8185@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] The Ancestry Insider Blog
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 9:21 AM

      How do you know what precinct is what and where?

      From: Regina Pipes <rgpipes@... <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net>;;;; >
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>;;;;
      Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 12:38 PM

      Clay,