WOODALL & McCUTCHEN??

  • TOM F DUNKLIN
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27 9:23 PM
       Hello Roger,
      Actually I haven't as I didn't know about a Woodall & McCutchen connection. My
      Woodalls are giving me a lot of grief because I think I may connect to 2
      separate Woodall lines; the ones from GA who came to Morgan Co AL and the ones
      who were from TN. I know I'm related to the Morgan Co AL Woodalls because my
      great gfather, Abraham Wilson, married Sarah Jane Nesmith, granddaughter of
      Zephaniah & Lavinia Vest Woodall. I also may be connected to the TN Woodalls if
      an Andrew Woodall, born ca 1834 (Polk Co?) TN did indeed marry Abraham's sister,
      Mary M Wilson of Walker Co GA. I've been trying to trace the ancestry of this
      Andrew Woodall but it's difficult. I do know that Andrew & Mary M were in DeKalb
      Co AL in 1860 with 2 sons, John A Woodall born ca 1854 in GA and Abraham Woodall
      born ca 1856 in GA. I can't find this family after 1860. I think Andrew was the
      son of Andrew Jackson Woodall and the nephew of Zephynor?? Woodall from Marion
      Co TN/Polk Co TN. I think their father was Isiah Woodall who was born ca 1803
      McMinn Co TN. Everybody seems to have the same names down thru the generations,
      so it's confusing.

      Please tell me more about this Ann Woodall, wife of John McCutchen. Maybe
      something will ring a bell for me.

      Thanks,
      Paula

      From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@...>
      INDIAN CLAIM STATUS
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 11:26 PM

      Right now it sure looks like South Pittsburg TN, and Alto and Milan AL are areas

      that I need to really look into. Sure hope there will be some Woodall
      information in those locations that will help me.

      Thanks for the reply,
      Paula