Re: william andrew jackson holder

  • grams46@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 25, 2011
      bigmanholder@... writes:

      If you know his father i may be able to provide more info>

      his father was Dempsey Holder born 31 Mar 1826 in franklin co tn
      died 06 Mar 1897 in Robertson County, Texas
      his mother was Sarah Smythe born 29 Dec 1822 in tn

      peace from kathy

    • bigmanholder@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 25, 2011
        I don't think this is Dempsey's son. James Elson Holder was born Sept 02,
        1850 in Jackson County. Yes Dempsey is one of the sinking Cove Holders. He
        is buried at the Ebeneezer Cem on Sand Mt (May 16,1917). James moved to
        texas with his father and stepmother, but returned home to jackson County. I
        have visited Dempsey's grave in Robertson County. He spent most of the civil
        war at Camp Chase-union prison in Ohio. Now I do not show a wife for
        James-if you are correct then this is quite interesting to me because I am
        certain that Demsey is a Great (however many) uncle .I do not believe that James
        married and there is no engraved stone for a wife next to him; however, I
        would certainly not mind being wrong.

        Paul

        Paul

        In a message dated 2/25/2011 9:55:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
        grams46@... writes:

        _bigmanholder@..._ (mailto:bigmanholder@...) writes:

        If you know his father i may be able to provide more info>

        his father was Dempsey Holder born 31 Mar 1826 in franklin co tn
        died 06 Mar 1897 in Robertson County, Texas
        his mother was Sarah Smythe born 29 Dec 1822 in tn

        peace from kathy

      • Misty Fulfer
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 26, 2011
             There was a John Holder  was previously married to ? and their were children from his prev marriage from Franklin County that married Mary Jane Samples Barnes Holder in the early 1900's they had twins one of them died young the other was Arlen Holder both are buried at Orme Mnt Cemetary in Marion County Tn. Mary Jane and John seperated she went back to her previous married name.  Not sure what happened to john, I think he stayed in Orme area he had a daughter from the previous marriage. You see, they lived close to the Marion County Tn line and Franklin county and Jackson County line in an area known as Orme/ Orme mnt, Tn Beside Russell Cave in Alabama. Look it up on a map. I am sorry this info is so choppy. I am trying to recover a lost password on an old pc that all this info is on it. Feel free to email in about a week or less I will try to find more info.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 26, 2011
            This info came from William Holder aka Bill. This info is not 110% correct No need to contact him as he has passed away.
            First Generation
            1.Crocket Holder-[41320] (son of Mark Holder-[41327] and Anna
            Matthews-[41328]) was born on 3 Jul 1843 in , Jackson Co., AL and died in
            Dec 1910 in , Marion Co., TN.

            General Notes:INFO: He lived in Franklin County, Tennessee. Crockett Holder
            died in December 1910. He was born 3 July 1843, served as a Private in Co.
            I, 41st TN Infantry (Confederate). The article listed his children as
            follows : Betty b 1880, William b 1883, John b 1884, Wallace b 15 June 1885,
            Callie b 1890, Nathan b 5 Sep 1897, and Felix b 14 Nov 1900, all in
            Winchester, Franklin Co. TN. Crockett moved his family to Orme Community in
            Marion Co. TN in 1907.
            SOURCE: A e-mail letter from Mary Urban to Bill Holder in Missouri dated 13
            Aug 1997.
            SOURCE: an article by Rhonda Powell Holder, p 313 in "The Story of Marion
            County-Its People and Places" That would be Marion Co., TN.
            Crocket married Mary Ann Stubblefield-[27788] [MRIN:10172].
            Children from this marriage were:
            * 2Mi. Jno. "John" Holder-[14315] was born about 1880 in Winchester,
            Franklin Co., TN.
            * 3Mii. Charles Wallace Holder-[41307] was born on 15 Jun 1885 in Orem,
            Marion Co., TN, died on 28 Jan 1975 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was buried
            after 28 Jan 1975 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            * 4Miii. Nathan Holder-[41308] was born on 5 Sep 1897 in Orem, Marion
            Co., TN, died on 30 Mar 1961 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was buried after 30
            Mar 1961 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            * 5Miv. Fee Holder-[41468] .

            6Mv. Jim Holder-[41469] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Crocket next married (?) (?)-[41470] [MRIN:15410].
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Children from this marriage were:
            * 7Mi. Will Holder-[41471] .
            * 8Fii. Peggy Holder-[41472] .

            9Fiii. Lucy Holder-[41473] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: Lucy died in a poor house on Jasper in Marion Co., TN. and is buried
            on East Valley Road, and died at a old age.
            Lucy married Simmon Hughes-[41560] [MRIN:15445].
            10Fiv. Kelly Holder-[41474] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.

            Second Generation (Children)
            2.Jno. "John" Holder-[14315] (Crocket1) was born about 1880 in Winchester,
            Franklin Co., TN.

            General Notes:RESI: Orem, Marion Co., TN
            OCCU: He was a miner. DATE 18 MAY 1923 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            Jno. married Bessie (?)-[41323] [MRIN:15353] in , Marion Co., TN.
            Children from this marriage were:
            11Mi. Ollie Holder-[41324] .

            12Mii. Oscar "Pat" Holder-[41325] .

            13Fiii. Fannie Holder-[41326] .

            Jno. next married Mary Jane Samples-[27789] [MRIN:9790] on 29 Sep 1929 in ,
            Marion Co., TN.
            General Notes:RESI: Orem, Marion Co., TN
            OCCU: She was a housewife, dated 18 MAY 1923 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            Children from this marriage were:
            * 14Mi. Arlon "Bud" "Jim" Holder-[1749] was born on 18 May 1923 in Orem,
            Marion Co., TN, died on 8 Jun 1997 in South Pittsburg, Marion Co., TN and
            was buried on 10 Jun 1997 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.

            15Mii. Garland Holder-[40507] was born on 18 May 1923 in Orem, Marion
            Co., TN, died on 18 May 1923 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was buried after 18
            May 1923 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            General Notes:INFO: He was a twin, to Arlon, who died at birth.
            3.Charles Wallace Holder-[41307] (Crocket1) was born on 15 Jun 1885 in
            Orem, Marion Co., TN, died on 28 Jan 1975 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was
            buried after 28 Jan 1975 in Orem, Marion Co., TN. .

            General Notes: Visited Orem Mountain Cemetery in August of 1997. Found
            birth, marriage & death dates on headstone.
            SOURCE: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Charles married Katie Belle Adams-[41309] [MRIN:15345], daughter of John
            Adams-[41322] and (?) Skaggs-[41321].
            General Notes: Visited Orem Mountain Cemetery in August of 1997. Found
            birth & death dates on headstone.
            Children from this marriage were:
            * 16Fi. Georgie Holder-[41451] was born on 15 Mar 1909, died on 2 Dec
            1993 in South Pittsburg, Marion Co., TN and was buried after Dec 1993 in
            Orem, Marion Co., TN.

            17Fii. Maggie Holder-[41452] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            18Fiii. Rachel Holder-[41453] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            * 19Miv. Frazier Holder-[41454] was born on 12 Feb 1917.

            20Mv. William Howard "Yank" "Bill" Holder-[41455] was born on 21 Sep
            1919.
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: buried in Gillam Cemetery at Battle Creek.
            William married Hattie Parker Ellis-[41480] [MRIN:15414] about 1938.
            * 21Mvi. Milburn "Gidd" Holder-[41456] was born on 24 Feb 1922.
            * 22Mvii. Garland "Soapy" "Reily" Holder-[41310] was born on 19 Jul 1924
            in Orem, Marion Co., TN, died on 11 May 1985 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was
            buried after 11 May 1985 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.

            23Fviii. Vesta Holder-[41457] was born on 2 Apr 1927.
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Charles next married Florence Havner-[41476] [MRIN:15412].
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Children from this marriage were:
            24Fi. Joyce Holder-[41477] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: a twin to Joe.
            25Mii. Joe Holder-[41478] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: a twin to Joyce.
            4.Nathan Holder-[41308] (Crocket1) was born on 5 Sep 1897 in Orem, Marion
            Co., TN, died on 30 Mar 1961 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was buried after 30
            Mar 1961 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.

            General Notes: Visited Orem Mountain Cemetery in August of 1997. Found
            birth & death dates on headstone.
            Nathan married Vicie Pearl Adams-[41314] [MRIN:15348], daughter of Unknown
            and Katie Belle Adams-[41309].
            General Notes: Visited Orem Mountain Cemetery in August of 1997. Found
            birth & death dates on headstone.
            INFO: First name could also be spelled Vicia. We do not know who her father
            was as she was born out of wed-lock. Vicie bled to death due to lifting a
            barrel of peaches while pregnant with a third child, which caused a
            miscarriage.
            Children from this marriage were:
            26Mi. Carl Holder-[41313] was born on 24 May 1922 in Orem, Marion Co.,
            TN, died on 26 Jun 1987 in Orem, Marion Co., TN and was buried after 26 Jun
            1987 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            General Notes: Visited Orem Mountain Cemetery in August of 1997. Found
            birth & death dates on headstone.
            27Mii. Chester Holder-[41445] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Nathan next married Cleo "Cledie" Nunnley-[41312] [MRIN:15347].
            General Notes: Visited Orem Mountain Cemetery in August of 1997. Found
            birth & death dates on headstone.
            Children from this marriage were:
            28Fi. Jeniva Holder-[41446] was buried in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: buried in Orem Mountain Cemetery, Marion Co., TN.
            29Fii. Tressy Holder-[41447] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            * 30Miii. Robert Donald Holder-[41448] .

            31Miv. Ricky Holder-[41449] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            32Fv. Velma Holder-[41450] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            5.Fee Holder-[41468] (Crocket1).

            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Fee married Kelly Sisk-[41552] [MRIN:15443].
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Children from this marriage were:
            33Mi. Robert Lesley Holder-[41553] . .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            34Mii. William "Bill" Holder-[41554] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            7.Will Holder-[41471] (Crocket1).

            General Notes::INFO: Died around Ross, TX. His son was a police officer in
            the same area.
            SOURCE: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Will married Lou (?)-[41561] [MRIN:15446].
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: She was from Texas.
            Children from this marriage were:
            35Mi. (?) Holder-[41562] was born in Ross, , TX.
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: He is a police officer close to Ross, TX.
            8.Peggy Holder-[41472] (Crocket1).

            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: Peggy died in a poor house on East Valley Road in Marion Co., TN.
            Peggy married John Dalton-[41555] [MRIN:15444].
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Children from this marriage were:
            36Mi. Jack Dalton-[41556] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            37Mii. Leroy Dalton-[41557] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            38Miii. Johnny Dalton-[41558] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            39Miv. Billy Dalton-[41559] .
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.

            Third Generation (Grandchildren)
            14. Arlon "Bud" "Jim" Holder-[1749] (Jno. "John"2, Crocket1) was born on 18
            May 1923 in Orem, Marion Co., TN, died on 8 Jun 1997 in South Pittsburg,
            Marion Co., TN and was buried on 10 Jun 1997 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            General Notes: Information was obtained from his first wife, Doyle Jean
            (Smith) Stoltz. Arlon married Doyle Jean Smith-[1745] [MRIN:725], daughter
            of Henry Osburn "Shag" Smith-[1678] and Nancy Leona Berry-[1693], in 1946 in
            Iuka, , MS. The marriage ended in divorce.
            General Notes: Information came from my Mom, Mrs. Doyle Jean (Smith) Stoltz.
            She was married three times,
            (1) Arlon Holder ----- Divorced
            (2) Richard Griffin-Divorced
            (3) Claude Stoltz ---- Passed away

            Children from this marriage were:
            40Mi. William Arlan Holder-[38] was born on 4 Oct 1947 in Sheffield,
            Colbert Co., AL1. Another name for William was Bill..

            William married Brenda Mays-[1751] [MRIN:82], daughter of Laborn Brown Mays
            Rev.-[27020] and (?) Lindsey-[27025], on 7 Jun 1969 in Killen, Lauderdale
            Co., AL. The marriage ended in divorce.
            William next married Peggy Ann Montgomery-[7] [MRIN:8], daughter of Homer
            Clayton "Tee" Montgomery-[2] and Esther Lavina Hamilton-[1], on 7 Feb 1976
            in Ft.Worth, Tarrant Co., TX1.
            41Mii. Bobby "Bob" Frank Holder-[1750] was born on 29 Sep 1950 in
            Sheffield, Colbert Co., AL.
            Bobby married Susan Kay Jordan-[1752] [MRIN:726], daughter of William Hoover
            Jordan-[1848] and Cora Blanche South-[1847], on 2 Jun 1972 in Sheffield,
            Colbert Co., AL.

            16. Georgie Holder-[41451] (Charles Wallace3, Crocket1) was born on 15 Mar
            1909, died on 2 Dec 1993 in South Pittsburg, Marion Co., TN and was buried
            after Dec 1993 in Orem, Marion Co., TN.
            General Notes: Her husband and her were 1st cousin. Buried in Sweten's Cove
            Community, Gilam Cemetery, Marion County, TN.
            SOURCE: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Georgie married Luther Adams-[41464] [MRIN:15409].
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            INFO: He and his wife were 1st cousin. His father was Katie Belle Adams
            brother.
            Children from this marriage were:
            42Fi. Willie Adams-[41465] was born on 13 Mar 1927.
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37419.
            Willie married William Reed-[41563] [MRIN:15447].
            43Mii. Robert Arvill Adams-[41466] was born on 4 Apr 1939.
            General Notes: Gary Dwayne Holder, 3302 Lee Ave., Chattanooga, TN

            Bill in East Texas
            Web Page URL is http://home.flash.net/~wh7262/

          • bigmanholder@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 26, 2011
              I have not digested info yet-more concerned with your statement about Bill
              Holder. Do you mean the Bill Holder who served as a clearing house for so
              much Holder info-home in the Ozarks, etc-If so, that is a terrible loss for
              all of us.

              Paul

              (http://home.flash.net/~wh7262/)

            • Misty Fulfer
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 26, 2011
                I'm not sure. He lived in East Texas and his wife said he had passed away. He has done so much more research. I only hope she never threw it away, and someday somewhere it will all pop up!

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 26, 2011
                  Here a re some Holder's buried in Doran's Cove beside Russell Cave by the TN AL State line

                  BOYD HOLDER                  12-29-1905     12-2-1964
                  BERTHA MAE HOLDER            5-13-1912      N/A

                  SUSAN L. HOLDER              1863           1937
                  JIM HOLDER                   1853           1932

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 26, 2011
                      2      [49] John Holder    b: 1792 NC : living 1812 Franklin Co., TN    d: 7/29/1870
                    ...        +Lucy Matthews    b: Abt. 1805    d: 1852
                            *2nd Wife of [49] John Holder:
                    ...        +[56] Mary Elizabeth McCoy    b: 1823    d: 5/1900   Mount Gilead Church yard, Jackson Co., AL
                        3      James Bledsoe Holder    b: 6/5/1853 Jackson Co., AL    d: 11/9/1932
                    ....        +Susan Jane Thomas    b: 1863    d: 1937
                    .    4      Albert Holder    b: 8/14/1889
                    .....        +Flossie May Arnold    b: 4/14/1901
                        3      Martha Jane Holder    b: 11/1855 Jackson Co., AL    d: 1943
                    ....        +Silas West    b: Abt. 1850
                     Here is the link if anyone would like to see a WAY MORE EXTENSIVE geneology of these here is the link good luck to you- -Misty

                    http://home.earthlink.net/~bgholder/Bledsoe.html