Rosa (Manning) Harmon

  • Marvin Hodges
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2011
      I'm looking for info on the grandmother of my 1st wife. Her name was Rosa or

      Rosie (Manning) Harmon. The 1900 census of Jackson Co., Al shows her to be the

      daughter of Joseph T Manning and that she was born Dec 1891. She also had an

      apparent twin Hosea L Manning. She was hit by a car and died Sept 28, 1926 in

      Nashville, Tn. Tennessee death records show that she was divorced. The 1930

      census of Nashville, Tn shows her two daughters (Mary and Laura) living with

      their uncle H L Manning.

      I'm not certain of the name of her husband (possibly William Turner Harmon) or

      why her children were living with the uncle rather than the father. I don't

      know what happened to the father.

      I did find a Rosa Manning marrying R D Taliaferro in Franklin Co. Tn in 1909. R D Taliaferro died in 1917 and his widow married William Turner Harman in Nashville in 1919. The birth date of this Rosa is listed as 1893 but it could be the same person as Rosa Manning. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

      Wayne Hodges

      Wayne Hodges

    • barbara jackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2011
        In your research did you find that Joseph T. Manning was the son of Amos Manning?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2011
          I think he was the son of Richard D Manning. His wife was Mary Jones.