Re: [jacksongenealogy] James Hall's Land

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 4, 2011
      It looks like his patent was where the town of Larkin is located today off AL Hwy 65. TS1 R4 Sect 33 up in the NW part of the County.  A James Hall also patented some of the surrounding land in the 1850s.

      Clay

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 4, 2011
        Kyle,
        There are 2 William Halls in Harmony in 1910 cen. One born in 1869 and the other in 1892. As Clay mentioned today there several folks in this area, at that time and Bear Creek would have been in Harmony. The James Hall land pat. in sec 33 would be in Larkin. If you open up a topo map and look at mouth of Bear Creek, you will see a small black sq. that reps. the "Old Willie Hall Place"

        This area original land pat. were Valentine Cagle and James Brittain and located in sec. 17 and sec .20. This is the reason for more description, if you want to locate the records you have. If you know a corner in a sec. you can go from there.

        Bill Cagle

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 8, 2011
          Clay,

          John M. Green should have interests in this info and lack of info. John (Pig) Riddle married Ruhama Green and lived up in Puncheon Cove (Larkin Fork/Harmony) area. They had a large log home at Riddle Spring Branch. They moved to Florida early 1900s and shown on 1930 Cen. report in Fla. John was 67 and Ruhama was 60 that year.

          Elvis Green gave me a picture of them and we agree with the relationship from then until now but I do not have much info before then.

          A Ruhama Green is shown, in Ohio, in 1860 and was 1 year old. Father was D. J. Green and wife Martha. The age is off by 10 years.

          John,

          Do you have info on Rehama?

          Bill Cagle

          From: cagle8185@... <cagle8185@...>
          Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] The Ancestry Insider Blog
          To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 9:21 AM

          How do you know what precinct is what and where?

          From: Regina Pipes <rgpipes@... <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net>;;;; >
          To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>;;;;
          Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 12:38 PM

          Clay,