RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: 1910 Census

  • Eulonda Owens
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 3, 2011
       Almost all my maternal ancestors are Gold's ( grandparents were cousins) going back to Michael and his son Thomas. I know you and I share some great greats.

      From: Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@... <mailto:blackcloud27030%40yahoo.com> >
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 9:14 AM

      Many of the 1910 census images are faded and hard to read so there are many errors.

      Leave off the first name and search with surname, date and state of birth or just the surname if your are searching in one county and also use the soundex search.

      Try using the wild card * such as the first 3 or 4 letters of the surname with the wild card * such as gull* if that gives too too many names add another letter.

      If you find an error on ancestry.com leave a correction.

      Clay

      From: cmitchellbox <cmitchellbox@... <mailto:cmitchellbox%40yahoo.com> >
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: 1910 Census
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 3:49 AM

      1910 is my worst Census. I found my grandfather Johnathan transcribed as Vonovan. I'm still looking for other family in 1910. I still haven't found him in 1900.

      I have used neighbors who live in an 'own home' and gone back to see if I can find them. I have had a bit of success doing that. I, also, look at other family members as many lived near each other.

      familysearch.org has been helpful. You may want to try other relatives and see if maybe you get a hit.

      Good luck.
      Charlotte