Treasure Maps Genealogy Newsletter and Deciphering Old Script

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 11:34 AM
      This is another good Free genealogy newsletter. It covers just about everything from getting started, getting organized, to deciphering old handwriting.

      If you are having trouble with decephering old script on the census, wills and court documents this website is helpful.

      There are a number of websites on decephering old script just google: deciphering old handwriting, there are dozens of sites the majority are free including Cyndi's List, BYU in several differant languages, and the British National Archives, go through BYU for the link.

      An example you will see many make is the leading "s" when there are to "s"es Jesse looke like Jefe or Jepe.

      We have had a lot of new member to the group the pass couple of years and I am posting all these hints to help them out.

      In reading through a lot of this material I have found that this old dog can learn some new tricks also.