Re: [jacksongenealogy] GONE TO TEXAS & Other Southern States

  • John Green
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 25, 2011
      I am not aware of any of my McCollum line ever living in GA. Our best guess is that they moved from the vicinity of Mount Airy NC to Lincoln County TN prior to 1820 and remained in south-central TN and NE Madison County and NW Jackson County AL until about 1874. One of the lines still remains in the New Market Area, but there aren't very many of us left here.

      John