John Alva Gullatt

  • Kyle0008
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
      I was looking for more info of John Alva Gullatt. He married Mattie Adams and was the son of James Madison Gullatt and Malissa. I have had always heard he was a doctor but I found some info last night saying he practiced with out a license. It was Gullatt v. State of Alabama. He said in a statement he graduated from Chattnooga Medical College in 1895. So I was just wondering if anyone had any info
    • jrytrplt@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
        I have no information about Gullatt but I will offer that The Chattanooga Hamilton County Bicentennial Library has a really outstanding Local History Section and some very nice folks. They have a web site where you can get telephone numbers.

        I might try to do a little research myself concerning the medical college, if you wish.

        Jerry Triplett
        Chattanooga

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
          Thank you. I will check this out. Of course any info I can get will help. Thank you for your time

          Kyle Gullatt
          Cherokee County,AL

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25, 2011
            I visited the Chattanooga Library a little while ago. They had some clippings and a catalog for Chattanooga Medical College. But nothing for the year of 1895.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
              Thank you for taking the time to goto the library. My great aunt told me he never finished medical school but still treated people. He wasn't allowed to prescribe meds. She also said the Gov't sent him to south dakota to practice medicine with the native americans. So who really knows if this is true or not. My next goal is to find out more about Gullatt vs. State of Alabama. Again thank you for going to library.

              Kyle