ABRAHAM WILSON b CA 1851-1853 WITH ASSOCIATED??? SURNAMES OF CLEMMONS/CLEMENS/WINDRIX/BROWN LINK TO JACKSON CO?

  • TOM F DUNKLIN
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2011
      Too many Abrahams, too many marriages, not enough accurate information.

      Looking for information on Abraham Wilson, last child born to William & Sarah
      Wilson. This family was in Walker Co GA in 1850, per census. Believe his
      siblings to be:

       Benjamin W. E. Wilson (ca 1829 SC);  Mary M. (ca 1837 SC);  Abbey L. (ca 1838
      SC);  Martha A. (ca1839 SC);  James (ca 1841 SC);  Susy/Suzy C. (ca 1843 GA);
      Jerry M (ca 1845 GA) ;  Minerva/Manerva J. (ca 1847 GA);  Sarah E. (ca 1849 GA);
      and Abraham/Abram (ca 1851-1852 GA).   This family is later found in DeKalb Co
      AL on the 1860 census.

      Abraham married Sarah Jane NeSmith from Morgan Co AL, in neighboring Lawrence Co
      AL in 1870; per marriage record. He just disappeared from their home in the
      Spring of 1874 and nothing more was ever heard from him again. His only child,
      my grandfather, was born just a few weeks after Abe disappeared. Family has
      never provided any information about what happened to Abe except to say that he
      never came home from work one day and they theorized that he was killed for his
      money and buried somewhere, never to be found. I don't really think this is what
      happened.....just my opinion. Back then, a run-away husband wasn't something a
      family would want known.

      I believe that I found Abe's sister, Minerva, in Jackson Co AL married to a
      David Wenrick/Windrix on the 1870 Jackson Co AL census....later proven to be
      spelled Windrix. In this home was a William Wilson, age 68, born SC. I believe
      him to be Manerva's father. I've learned that David Windrix died in either the
      Civil War or some think around 1873 in AL. Minerva is then said to have married
      a William Henry Clemmon/Clemens and they had 2 sons....David Monroe Clemens b ca
      1880 & Charles b ca 1884. Think Minerva died in the 1880's as William H Clemens
      then married Mattie Brown ca 1899 in AL.

      I looked for William H Clemens in the 1900 Scottsboro, Jackson Co AL census and
      found him in HH#284-285 living with wife, Mattie and both sons. Lo and behold,
      there is an Abraham Wilson living in this household as a "boarder" and listed as
      a widower. Birthdate is shown as March 1853 but born in AL. Could this be
      William & Saraha's son, Abraham, born in GA? Could this be Sarah Jane Nesmith's
      "lost" husband from Morgan Co AL?

      So many pieces of this puzzle seem to fit and so many don't. I'm very confused.
      Can anyone furnish more info on any of these mentioned  surnames or people.

      Paula