RE: [jacksongenealogy] WHO WAS PEARL BILLINGTON'S HUSBAND - A COSBY GENTLEMAN or A CROSBY GENTLEMAN ??

  • Fran Hill
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
      Bill—is your family related to a Jackson County AL Hill family whose earliest ancestor I can trace is a Thomas Allen Hill b. about 1808 in TN—he marries Nancy Unknown, also born in TN about 1810. They are said to move to the area outside Bridgeport in their late teens or early twenties and have the first of their 9 children, Ellis G. Hill, in 1828. Other children include Martha, James, Angelina, Thomas Jefferson, Manda, Crissie, Louisa and Sophrona. I have a few more names and dates I am happy to provide if these names ring any bells.

      Some of Thomas and Nancy’s descendants do move to Texas about the time you say your family did. I know there is more than one Hill family line living in Bridgeport area around this time, but I am not able to keep them all straight. Despite lots of digging over the years, I haven’t been able to find any earlier connection to Thomas Allen and Nancy, even though I believe I am closely related to these two through some NC/Tennessee Hill lines. I ‘d be tremendously grateful for any suggestions or leads. Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all! Fran Hill

      From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
        hi fran and thank you for responding. id love to find some of my hill and
        sanders kin in al but i dont think im kin to your hills. my ggfather was thomas
        hill but born in 1858 i think. his son john franklin is my grandfather born in
        paint rock in 1883. my grand mother is eva jane sanders born in paint rock in
        1886. they both lived in the paint rock valley up and down what is now highway
        65. im trying to write a family history so if you know any of my family please
        put them in touch with me. thank you again. bill hill

        ________________________________

        From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
        To: Cosby@... <mailto:Cosby%40rootsweb.com>

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
          sorry paula i dont have his address but he has a box number in sunset and its a
          tiny town so just use any number and he will probably get it. i know him but
          havent seen him in several years and am not in touch with him. i live in
          amarillo which is about 300 miles away

          ________________________________
          Thanks for the reply, Bill. I would love to contact Danny Russell; do you happen

          to have his address or his email address? Or, can you tell me how to find his
          address? I'm open to trying anything that might help me in my search.

          Regards,
          Paula

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
            Is your Thomas's wife Margaret Brewer b Oct 1855, Jackson AL died 1935 Hedley, Donley, TX, USA (my data on Thomas he was b Oct 1853 AL, d 1914 Montague, TX.)

            We have much common family in Montague; Sunset, Dallas, Dry Valley (Brown, Brashear, Sanders, Messer). My data ends in this family with John Franklin Hill b Mar 1833 d 1972 Hedley, Olney, TX, wife: Eva Jan Sanders b 1886 Paint Rock, Jackson, AL; d 1967 Hedley, Donley, TX; she was the daughter of John Wesley Sander and Margaret Brewer (1855-1935) (Margaret's father was Carroll Jackson Brewer (1834-1880).

            Love to exchange information,

            Cuz Jimmie

            From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
              jimmie, you are correct thomas hill married margaret brewer. his father was
              holden hill. john franklin hill died in hedley tx which is donley county. eva
              jane sanders was the daughter of john wesley sanders and mattie jane evans.
              wiley brewer was margarets brother i think. he moved to texas first, then was
              followed by john f hill and family. are you kin to the brewer line or just the
              hill?

              ________________________________

              From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
              To: Cosby@... <mailto:Cosby%40rootsweb.com>

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 8, 2011
                That is difficult to answer: our connection is through all of them: Brewer, Hill, Evans, Sanders and many more cousin.

                Jimmie

                From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
                To: Cosby@... <mailto:Cosby%40rootsweb.com>

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 8, 2011
                  are you pretty much informed on our family history then? id like to find out
                  about what has happened to the rest of the family plus facts from my
                  grandparents lives before i knew them

                  ________________________________

                  From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
                  To: Cosby@... <mailto:Cosby%40rootsweb.com>

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 15, 2011
                    jimmie, id like to stay in touch with you or someone you may know in the family
                    who could tell me what has happened to the brothers and sisters of my
                    hill-sanders grandp[arents and their children. several of my grandmothers family
                    visited her in texas. i remember uncle charlie and uncle jess and roy and sb
                    sanders but i dont know what happened to them. i have a lot of questions about
                    the family. im trying to write a family history for my famiy here. thanks bill
                    hill

                    From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@... <mailto:dunk1432%40verizon.net> >
                    To: Cosby@... <mailto:Cosby%40rootsweb.com>