Copies of actual wills?

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2010
      I just found my husband's ancestor, Samuel C Davidson, referenced in the Index to Alabama Wills, 1808 - 1870.

      Does anyone know how to go about getting a copy of the actual will?

      Thanks.
      Lisa
    • James Gillespie
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2010
        Lisa,

        I found that index was at the Filson Historical Library and they charge a
        fee for searching. I looked at the LDS Family History Library and did not
        find that index..

        What do you know about Sanuel C Davidson? When did he die? If you know that
        you can look at the actual wills on microfilm from the Library in Salt Lake
        City after you order it at a Family HistoryCenter. That assuming that it got
        microfilmed and is available.

        Jim G