Re: [jacksongenealogy] ANY OF THESE COURTHOUSE RECORDS ..

  • Annette Norris Bradford
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 24, 2010
      On 12/20/2010 2:16 PM, Ann B. Chambless wrote:

      > On 12/20/2010 11:18 AM, Clay Gullatt wrote:
      > >
      > > The loose records in the Courthouse basement were flattened and
      > > scanned by the LDS a few years ago with the help of the Jackson County
      > > Historical Association. Ann B. Chambless can give you the full
      > > details. I do not believe that any of the records there were marriage
      > > records. Mostly I think they were records dealing with land and
      > > estates. I don't think any of the records they scanned are on the
      > > internet, I did not find it on the LDS Library's list for Jackson
      > > County's records. Clay
      > >

      > > Clay, you covered the facts in the above statement. There were no
      > > loose marriage records! As Clay said, these records are not on the
      > > internet; however, anyone can order/rent from LDS (for a fee) the
      > > Jackson County estate records that were microfilmed after they were
      > > flattened by the JCHA. Roger Burbank can attest to the quality of
      > > the microfilm he ordered and read last week via his local LDS Library.
      > >
      > Ann B. Chambless

      > > Switch to: Text-Only
      > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,
      >
      > > Daily Digest
      > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
      >
      > > • Unsubscribe
      > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=Unsubscribe>
      >
      > > • Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
      > > .

      Does the library have a copy of this microfilm?

    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 26, 2010
        A copy of the micofilm was given to the JCHA which in turn placed it in the Jackson County Library.

        To see a complete list of what is available at the Probate Court see Ann B. Chambless' message #8262 dtd 17 Mar 2007 titled; Re: Probate Office.

        Clay