Re: ANY OF THESE COURTHOUSE RECORDS ..

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 21, 2010
      Hi!

      Were any of these records pre Civil War? I thought I had been through all pre Civil War Jackson County LDS microfilmed records. I hope now that I've missed some.

      Rboert Schneider

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > The loose records in the Courthouse basement were flattened and scanned by the LDS a few years ago with the help of the Jackson County Historical Association. Ann B. Chambless can give you the full details. I do not believe that any of the records there were marriage records. Mostly I think they were records dealing with land and estates. I don't think any of the records they scanned are on the internet, I did not find it on the LDS Library's list for Jackson County's records.
      >
      > Clay
    • Annette Norris Bradford
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 24, 2010
        On 12/20/2010 2:16 PM, Ann B. Chambless wrote:

        > On 12/20/2010 11:18 AM, Clay Gullatt wrote:
        > >
        > > The loose records in the Courthouse basement were flattened and
        > > scanned by the LDS a few years ago with the help of the Jackson County
        > > Historical Association. Ann B. Chambless can give you the full
        > > details. I do not believe that any of the records there were marriage
        > > records. Mostly I think they were records dealing with land and
        > > estates. I don't think any of the records they scanned are on the
        > > internet, I did not find it on the LDS Library's list for Jackson
        > > County's records. Clay
        > >

        > > Clay, you covered the facts in the above statement. There were no
        > > loose marriage records! As Clay said, these records are not on the
        > > internet; however, anyone can order/rent from LDS (for a fee) the
        > > Jackson County estate records that were microfilmed after they were
        > > flattened by the JCHA. Roger Burbank can attest to the quality of
        > > the microfilm he ordered and read last week via his local LDS Library.
        > >
        > Ann B. Chambless

        > > Switch to: Text-Only
        > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,
        >
        > > Daily Digest
        > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
        >
        > > • Unsubscribe
        > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>?subject=Unsubscribe>
        >
        > > • Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
        > > .

        Does the library have a copy of this microfilm?

      • Clay Gullatt
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 26, 2010
          A copy of the micofilm was given to the JCHA which in turn placed it in the Jackson County Library.

          To see a complete list of what is available at the Probate Court see Ann B. Chambless' message #8262 dtd 17 Mar 2007 titled; Re: Probate Office.

          Clay